* install-info creates package clashes for e.g. external python tarball
@ 2011-01-18  7:51 Koen Kooi
From: Koen Kooi @ 2011-01-18  7:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: poky

Hi,

When building external-python-tarball I get:

|  * check_data_file_clashes: Package libreadline6 wants to install file /OE/tentacle/build/tmp-angstrom_2010_x/work/armv7a-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/external-python-tarball-1.0-r0/sdk/image/usr/local/angstrom/x86_64/sysroots/x86_64-angstromsdk-linux/usr/share/info/dir
|       But that file is already provided by package  * eglibc-nativesdk
|  * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package python-nativesdk-core.

I vaguely recall running into this a few years ago in OE, but I can only find this one: http://cgit.openembedded.org/cgit.cgi/openembedded/commit/?id=7b774a106f6936fd050abb4cbe90a84bd0b67025

Does anyone have an idea on how to fix this in yocto without resorting to --force-overwrite?

regards,

Koen

* Re: install-info creates package clashes for e.g. external python tarball
@ 2011-01-18 17:51 ` Chris Larson
From: Chris Larson @ 2011-01-18 17:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Koen Kooi; +Cc: poky

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 12:51 AM, Koen Kooi <koen@dominion.thruhere.net> wrote:
> When building external-python-tarball I get:
>

> |  * check_data_file_clashes: Package libreadline6 wants to install file /OE/tentacle/build/tmp-angstrom_2010_x/work/armv7a-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/external-python-tarball-1.0-r0/sdk/image/usr/local/angstrom/x86_64/sysroots/x86_64-angstromsdk-linux/usr/share/info/dir
> |       But that file is already provided by package  * eglibc-nativesdk
> |  * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package python-nativesdk-core.
>
> I vaguely recall running into this a few years ago in OE, but I can only find this one: http://cgit.openembedded.org/cgit.cgi/openembedded/commit/?id=7b774a106f6936fd050abb4cbe90a84bd0b67025
>

> Does anyone have an idea on how to fix this in yocto without resorting to --force-overwrite?

I don't know much about info, but I'd take a wild guess that dir is an
index of what's available, and that we should create a bbclass that
adds a postinst to update it on install for packages that add files to
infodir.  Maybe someone else actually has a clue about info though :)
--
Christopher Larson
clarson at kergoth dot com

* Re: install-info creates package clashes for e.g. external python tarball
@ 2011-01-18 18:20   ` Koen Kooi
From: Koen Kooi @ 2011-01-18 18:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: poky

Op 18 jan 2011, om 18:51 heeft Chris Larson het volgende geschreven:

> On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 12:51 AM, Koen Kooi <koen@dominion.thruhere.net> wrote:
>> When building external-python-tarball I get:
>>

>> |  * check_data_file_clashes: Package libreadline6 wants to install file /OE/tentacle/build/tmp-angstrom_2010_x/work/armv7a-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/external-python-tarball-1.0-r0/sdk/image/usr/local/angstrom/x86_64/sysroots/x86_64-angstromsdk-linux/usr/share/info/dir
>> |       But that file is already provided by package  * eglibc-nativesdk
>> |  * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package python-nativesdk-core.
>>
>> I vaguely recall running into this a few years ago in OE, but I can only find this one: http://cgit.openembedded.org/cgit.cgi/openembedded/commit/?id=7b774a106f6936fd050abb4cbe90a84bd0b67025
>>

>> Does anyone have an idea on how to fix this in yocto without resorting to --force-overwrite?
>
> I don't know much about info, but I'd take a wild guess that dir is an
> index of what's available, and that we should create a bbclass that
> adds a postinst to update it on install for packages that add files to
> infodir.

It is. As I never use info, only man, I would very much like to delete it and forget about it. But I'm asking if anyone has a better solution :) e.g.

bitbake.conf: PACKAGES =+ installinfo-crap ; FILES_installinfo-crap = ${datadir}/info/dir

regards,

Koen