* mpc5200B i2c problem
@ 2008-03-26  8:51 Zancada Gonzalez, Jose
From: Zancada Gonzalez, Jose @ 2008-03-26  8:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: i2c-GZX6beZjE8VD60Wz+7aTrA

Hello
We are using I2C to communicate some devices as slaves.
We are having errors when doing read/writes, from time to time.
We do not know what is happening. We have attached an osciloscope to the hardware lines and have detected some strange things: or the slave address was not correct (as if a missing bit ) or the complete sequences was not right. It seems that if there is a hardware problem related with set-up / hold / rise times, noise signals, etc., but they look ok. We have had a look to the file in kernel
/eldk40/usr/src/linux-2.6.16.11/drivers/i2c/busses/i2c-mpc.c
and see some comments into the code related with this problem _SCLCLKFIX
We are new in this kind of linux development and we do not know what to do next. This is my first time in mailing list, so I do not know how it works, how to consult information related to this problem, or more people with the same problem and solved.

The linux enviroment is:
Linux 2.6.16.11 (DENX ELDK 4.1 4.0.0)
mpc5200B
ARCH=ppc

Please, if you can help send me any comment. I can send you more details if needed.

Thanks in advance,
/jose zancada