* [U-Boot]  MPC8541 with fixed DDR SDRAM
@ 2009-07-28 18:56 Alemao
From: Alemao @ 2009-07-28 18:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi all,

I have a board, similar to the MPC8541CDS, but with fixed DDR SDRAM,
instead of DIMM slots. So I have to configure it without the help of
SPD_EEPROM.

I saw some code on MPC8540ADS board, like fixed_sdram() in
board/freescale/mpc8540ads/mpc8540ads.c and defines in
include/configs/MPC8540ADS.h:

#define CONFIG_SYS_SDRAM_SIZE
#define CONFIG_SYS_DDR_CS0_BNDS
#define CONFIG_SYS_DDR_CS0_CONFIG
#define CONFIG_SYS_DDR_TIMING_1
#define CONFIG_SYS_DDR_TIMING_2
#define CONFIG_SYS_DDR_CONTROL
#define CONFIG_SYS_DDR_MODE
#define CONFIG_SYS_DDR_INTERVAL

But my problem is the define "#define CONFIG_FSL_DDR1". It compiles
some code in cpu/mpc8xxx/ddr/. Is this code really necessary for my
board??? Cause it has some spd_eeprom() functions, that in my board
doesn't exist.

The board/freescale/mpc8541myboard/ddr.c seems unnecessary too, right?
I copied it from MPC8541CDS.

Im using U-Boot-2009-03.

Cheers,

--
Alemao

* [U-Boot] MPC8541 with fixed DDR SDRAM
@ 2009-07-28 19:17 ` Kumar Gala
From: Kumar Gala @ 2009-07-28 19:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On Jul 28, 2009, at 1:56 PM, Alemao wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a board, similar to the MPC8541CDS, but with fixed DDR SDRAM,
> instead of DIMM slots. So I have to configure it without the help of
> SPD_EEPROM.
>
> I saw some code on MPC8540ADS board, like fixed_sdram() in
> board/freescale/mpc8540ads/mpc8540ads.c and defines in
> include/configs/MPC8540ADS.h:
>
> #define CONFIG_SYS_SDRAM_SIZE
> #define CONFIG_SYS_DDR_CS0_BNDS
> #define CONFIG_SYS_DDR_CS0_CONFIG
> #define CONFIG_SYS_DDR_TIMING_1
> #define CONFIG_SYS_DDR_TIMING_2
> #define CONFIG_SYS_DDR_CONTROL
> #define CONFIG_SYS_DDR_MODE
> #define CONFIG_SYS_DDR_INTERVAL
>
> But my problem is the define "#define CONFIG_FSL_DDR1". It compiles
> some code in cpu/mpc8xxx/ddr/. Is this code really necessary for my
> board??? Cause it has some spd_eeprom() functions, that in my board
> doesn't exist.
>
> The board/freescale/mpc8541myboard/ddr.c seems unnecessary too, right?
> I copied it from MPC8541CDS.
>
> Im using U-Boot-2009-03.

Its not necessary but are you seeing a code size difference?

Technically we should cleanup the makefile not to build those things.

- k