* [LSF/MM/BPF TOPIC] ls+cat based debugging for BPF
@ 2020-01-24 21:25 Song Liu
From: Song Liu @ 2020-01-24 21:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lsf-pc, bpf; +Cc: linux-kernel

ls+cat based debugging for BPF
================================

Currently, users monitor/debug BPF programs and maps via sys_bpf(). This
approach is different to the habit of some system admins, who do these
works via ls+cat in sysfs. In this LSF/MM/BPF, we would like to discuss
whether/how to enable similar debugging interface for BPF programs and
maps. Specifically, we can discuss:

  1) What inforamtions to show in sysfs/bpffs;
  2) Granularity to enable/disable these information;
  3) Will there be any overhead? If so, how much overhead is acceptable.

These discussions should save us a lot of time over emails.

I will share a prototype of this before LSF/MM/BPF.

Thanks,
Song

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-01-24 21:25 UTC | newest]