* removal of alsa-scenario_git.bb ?
@ 2010-09-17  6:20 Frans Meulenbroeks
From: Frans Meulenbroeks @ 2010-09-17  6:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel, dp

Hi all,

Yesterday I bumped upon alsa-scenario_git.bb.
This one had a DP of -1 and does not fetch.

At first I thought a bad SRCREV but when trying to clone the git I
also got a failure:

frans@frans-desktop:/tmp$ git clone git://slimlogic.co.uk/alsa-scenario
Initialized empty Git repository in /tmp/alsa-scenario/.git/

If this persists should we remove the recipe?
I also could not identify any user.

I'm especially interested in the views of Graeme on this as he added the recipe.

Frans

* Re: removal of alsa-scenario_git.bb ?
@ 2010-09-17  8:36 ` Frans Meulenbroeks
From: Frans Meulenbroeks @ 2010-09-17  8:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

2010/9/17 Frans Meulenbroeks <fransmeulenbroeks@gmail.com>:
> Hi all,
>
> Yesterday I bumped upon alsa-scenario_git.bb.
> This one had a DP of -1 and does not fetch.
>
> At first I thought a bad SRCREV but when trying to clone the git I
> also got a failure:
>
> frans@frans-desktop:/tmp$ git clone git://slimlogic.co.uk/alsa-scenario
> Initialized empty Git repository in /tmp/alsa-scenario/.git/
>
> If this persists should we remove the recipe?
> I also could not identify any user.
>
> I'm especially interested in the views of Graeme on this as he added the recipe.
>
> Frans

Meanwhile it has been brought to my attention that this is probably an
outage in the git server. I'll keep an eye on it.

@ 2010-09-17 11:08   ` Graeme Gregory
From: Graeme Gregory @ 2010-09-17 11:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

 On 17/09/10 09:36, Frans Meulenbroeks wrote:
> 2010/9/17 Frans Meulenbroeks <fransmeulenbroeks@gmail.com>:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Yesterday I bumped upon alsa-scenario_git.bb.
>> This one had a DP of -1 and does not fetch.
>>
>> At first I thought a bad SRCREV but when trying to clone the git I
>> also got a failure:
>>
>> frans@frans-desktop:/tmp$ git clone git://slimlogic.co.uk/alsa-scenario
>> Initialized empty Git repository in /tmp/alsa-scenario/.git/
>> fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly
>>
>> If this persists should we remove the recipe?
>> I also could not identify any user.
>>
>> I'm especially interested in the views of Graeme on this as he added the recipe.
>>
>> Frans
>>
> Meanwhile it has been brought to my attention that this is probably an
> outage in the git server. I'll keep an eye on it.
Just to confirm that recipe is maintained by Slimlogic employees and is
used a lot. Im just waiting to hear back why that git repo is not
currently served.

Graeme