* how to give su permissions to debugging console
@ 2011-02-03  4:57 Pradeep Kumar
From: Pradeep Kumar @ 2011-02-03  4:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

hi all,
          I'm using serial console uart as debugging console. I have enabled
command line with CONFIG_CMDLINE="console=ttyS0,115200n8" config. console is
coming up but I'm unable to get su permissions by default. am I missing
something???

--
Goudagunta Pradeep Kumar,
-------------- next part --------------

* how to give su permissions to debugging console
@ 2011-02-03  6:12 ` Alexandre Courbot
From: Alexandre Courbot @ 2011-02-03  6:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 1:57 PM, Pradeep Kumar <pradeepkernel@gmail.com> wrote:
> ?? ? ? ? ?I'm using serial console uart as debugging console. I have enabled
> command line with CONFIG_CMDLINE="console=ttyS0,115200n8" config. console is
> coming up but I'm unable to get su permissions by default. am I missing
> something???

What do you mean by "su permissions"? Are you talking about the login
shell? If so, check that

1) You have a line spawning a getty for ttyS0 in /etc/inittab
2) ttyS0 is listed in /etc/securetty

Hope this helps,
Alex.