* Duplicate usernames on password less scp
@ 2010-09-11 16:06 Bobby
From: Bobby @ 2010-09-11 16:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-admin

Hi,

I have a situation where I have the same username on more than one computer
and they all need to run a password less rsync over ssh to the same
destination server, and keep separate copies from each computer.

The destination machine has the pub key from each computer in the
authorized_keys file. Each computer has a standard /home/user set up.

The idea is that the destination server keeps copies from each computer under
the respective /home directory.

How do I accomplish this?

Maybe with a /home/machine name instead of using the (duplicate) username? If
so what changes do I make for this to work?

All I could find under google was the normal single username set up.

--

Bobby

* Re: Duplicate usernames on password less scp
@ 2010-09-11 21:02 ` Michał Nazarewicz
From: Michał Nazarewicz @ 2010-09-11 21:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bobby; +Cc: linux-admin

2010/9/12 Bobby <bobby@d4business.com>:
> I have a situation where I have the same username on more than one computer
> and they all need to run a password less rsync over ssh to the same
> destination server, and keep separate copies from each computer.
>
> The destination machine has the pub key from each computer in the
> authorized_keys file. Each computer has a standard /home/user set up.
>
> The idea is that the destination server keeps copies from each computer under
> the respective /home directory.
>
> How do I accomplish this?

Just set the rsync commands on the computers to sync their data into a
different subdirectory of the home directory on the server.