* Some questions about processing page fault in kvm
@ 2010-07-23 15:02 Gu, Zhongshu
From: Gu, Zhongshu @ 2010-07-23 15:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kvm

Hi all:
        I have some confusion when looking at the code to process page
fault. If there is vm exit caused by page fault, what is the timing of
this vm exit? In my understanding that it will vm exit before entering
the page fault handler in the kernel. But when it enters vm again,
will it enter the guest kernel's page fault handler again?
       And another problem is that prefetch_page in paging_tmpl.h is
used to optimize kvm to reduce the number of vm exit. Is there any
possibility to bypass the guest page fault? I mean all the page faults
are delegated to kvm to process, no matter it is the page fault of
guest page table or shadow page table.

Thanks

--
Zhongshu