* double _'s in names
@ 2010-09-09  8:25 Frans Meulenbroeks
From: Frans Meulenbroeks @ 2010-09-09  8:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

Hi all,

I noticed that we have some recipes with double underscores in the name.
Not sure how that will parse wrt PN_PV.bb

The recipes are:
clutter/clutter-box2d_0.10.0_git.bb
ntpclient/ntpclient_2007_365.bb
ntpclient/ntpclient_2003_194.bb
rpm2cpio/rpm2cpio-native_1.2_2.bb

The ntpclient ones set PV but not PN (although they use it)
the rpm2cpio and clutter ones do not seem to set PV and PN

Now it might be whether this works because the first _ is used to
split things, but I am not sure whether this is desirable.

It might well be that this error is also related to it:

ERROR: '['/home/hudson/jobs/FM_world/workspace/openembedded/recipes/clutter/clutter-box2d_0.10.0_git.bb']'
RDEPENDS/RRECOMMENDS or otherwise requires the runtime entity
'clutter-box2d' but it wasn't found in any PACKAGE or RPROVIDES
variables of any buildable targets

Haven't had time to dig into that one.

Frans.

* Re: double _'s in names
@ 2010-09-09  9:02 ` Andreas Mueller
From: Andreas Mueller @ 2010-09-09  9:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

On Thursday 09 September 2010 10:25:01 am Frans Meulenbroeks wrote:
> The recipes are:
> clutter/clutter-box2d_0.10.0_git.bb

That was me..

Will fix that asap.

Andreas

* Re: double _'s in names
@ 2010-09-09 14:04 ` Chris Larson
From: Chris Larson @ 2010-09-09 14:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 1:25 AM, Frans Meulenbroeks <
fransmeulenbroeks@gmail.com> wrote:

> I noticed that we have some recipes with double underscores in the name.
> Not sure how that will parse wrt PN_PV.bb

It'll parse the third component as the PR, which would then likely be
overridden by an explicit PR set in the recipe.  See the default definitions
of PN, PV, and PR in bitbake.conf (~line 178).
--
Christopher Larson
clarson at kergoth dot com