* [U-Boot] Uninterruptible start
@ 2011-01-04 18:38 Andrew Holt
From: Andrew Holt @ 2011-01-04 18:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi,

I want disable the ability to interrupt the boot process.

Setting bootdelay to 0 speeds the start, but if I hit a key at the right (or wrong, depending on point of view) I can still break out into the U-Boot command line.

Any hints/tips on how to do this ?

Thanks,
Andrew

=============================
Andrew Holt
Senior Software Engineer

Email: andrew.holt at electrans.com
Phone: 0151 347 2270
Mobile: 07841 340608
Skype: andrewtholt

De Omnibus Dubitandum
=============================

* [U-Boot] Uninterruptible start
@ 2011-01-04 22:09 ` Wolfgang Denk
From: Wolfgang Denk @ 2011-01-04 22:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Dear "Andrew Holt (SE)",

In message <1697CDB1-F968-4361-8895-C52EC77EC5E7@electrans.com> you wrote:

> I want disable the ability to interrupt the boot process.
>
> Setting bootdelay to 0 speeds the start, but if I hit a key at the right (or wrong, depending on point of view) I can still break out into the U-Boot command line.
>
> Any hints/tips on how to do this ?

Did your try adding a "#define BOOTDELAY -1" in your board config
file?

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
A supercomputer is a machine that runs an endless loop in 2 seconds.

* [U-Boot] Uninterruptible start
@ 2011-01-04 22:14 ` Ben Gardiner
From: Ben Gardiner @ 2011-01-04 22:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi Andrew,

On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 1:38 PM, Andrew Holt (SE)
<andrew.holt@electrans.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want disable the ability to interrupt the boot process.
>
> Setting bootdelay to 0 speeds the start, but if I hit a key at the right (or wrong, depending on point of view) I can still break out into the U-Boot command line.
>
> Any hints/tips on how to do this ?

I think you prevent the bootcheck when bootdelay=0 by not defining
CONFIG_ZERO_BOOTDELAY_CHECK in the board config.

Best Regards,
Ben Gardiner

---
Nanometrics Inc.
http://www.nanometrics.ca

* [U-Boot] Uninterruptible start
@ 2011-01-05  9:11   ` Andrew Holt
From: Andrew Holt @ 2011-01-05  9:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi,

See below ...

On 4 Jan 2011, at 22:09, Wolfgang Denk wrote:

> Dear "Andrew Holt (SE)",
>
> In message <1697CDB1-F968-4361-8895-C52EC77EC5E7@electrans.com> you wrote:
>>
>> I want disable the ability to interrupt the boot process.
>>
>> Setting bootdelay to 0 speeds the start, but if I hit a key at the right (or wrong, depending on point of view) I can still break out into the U-Boot command line.
>>
>> Any hints/tips on how to do this ?
>
> Did your try adding a "#define BOOTDELAY -1" in your board config
> file?

Will this help ?

By the board config file I guess you mean ./board/<vendor>/<device>/board.c ?

Regards,
Andrew

Email: andrew.holt at electrans.com
Phone: 0151 347 2270
Mobile: 07841 340608
Skype: andrewtholt

De Omnibus Dubitandum
=============================

* [U-Boot] Uninterruptible start
@ 2011-01-05 10:05     ` Wolfgang Denk
From: Wolfgang Denk @ 2011-01-05 10:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Dear "Andrew Holt (SE)",

In message <9C907C9E-9155-494E-9D4F-6E7C0F0101BB@electrans.com> you wrote:

> > Did your try adding a "#define BOOTDELAY -1" in your board config
> > file?
>
> Will this help ?

Try it...

> By the board config file I guess you mean ./board/<vendor>/<device>/board.c ?

No. The board config file is include/configs/<name>.h

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
It is impractical for  the  standard  to  attempt  to  constrain  the
behavior  of code that does not obey the constraints of the standard.
                                                          - Doug Gwyn

* [U-Boot] Uninterruptible start
@ 2011-01-05 12:54       ` Andrew Holt
From: Andrew Holt @ 2011-01-05 12:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi,

In the config file I commented out:

#define CONFIG_ZERO_BOOTDELAY_CHECK  /* check for keypress on bootdelay==0 */

And that seems to do it :)

Regards,
Andrew

On 5 Jan 2011, at 10:05, Wolfgang Denk wrote:

> Dear "Andrew Holt (SE)",
>
> In message <9C907C9E-9155-494E-9D4F-6E7C0F0101BB@electrans.com> you wrote:
>>
>>> Did your try adding a "#define BOOTDELAY -1" in your board config
>>> file?
>>
>> Will this help ?
>
> Try it...
>
>> By the board config file I guess you mean ./board/<vendor>/<device>/board.c ?
>
> No. The board config file is include/configs/<name>.h
>
> Best regards,
>
> Wolfgang Denk

> It is impractical for  the  standard  to  attempt  to  constrain  the
> behavior  of code that does not obey the constraints of the standard.
>                                                          - Doug Gwyn

Andrew Holt
Senior Software Engineer

Email: andrew.holt at electrans.com