* Error: git was compiled without libcurl support
@ 2010-11-17 13:22 Marco Cavallini
From: Marco Cavallini @ 2010-11-17 13:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Openembedded-devel

Hi, I just tried installing OE retrieving it from git
git clone git://git.openembedded.org/openembedded

bitbake version 1.10.0
branch master
MACHINE=akita time bitbake minimal-image
DISTRO = "angstrom-2008.1"
host machine : Debian lenny x86_64-linux

I face to an unexpected error
"Error: git was compiled without libcurl support"

I successfully built it until November 2nd but since last Saturday I
wonder if it should build or if is normal this behavoiur.
log: http://paste.ubuntu.com/533450/

TIA

/marco

* Re: Error: git was compiled without libcurl support
@ 2010-11-17 14:01 ` Frans Meulenbroeks
From: Frans Meulenbroeks @ 2010-11-17 14:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

2010/11/17 Marco Cavallini <koansoftware@gmail.com>:
> Hi, I just tried installing OE retrieving it from git
> git clone git://git.openembedded.org/openembedded
>
> bitbake version 1.10.0
> branch master
> MACHINE=akita time bitbake minimal-image
> DISTRO = "angstrom-2008.1"
> host machine : Debian lenny x86_64-linux
>
> I face to an unexpected error
> "Error: git was compiled without libcurl support"
>
> I successfully built it until November 2nd but since last Saturday I
> wonder if it should build or if is normal this behavoiur.
> log: http://paste.ubuntu.com/533450/

you're using git from the host, guess that got changed one way or another.

Frans

* Re: Error: git was compiled without libcurl support
@ 2010-11-17 15:05   ` Marco Cavallini
From: Marco Cavallini @ 2010-11-17 15:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

Frans Meulenbroeks ha scritto, Il 17/11/2010 15:01:
> 2010/11/17 Marco Cavallini <koansoftware@gmail.com>:
>> Hi, I just tried installing OE retrieving it from git
>> git clone git://git.openembedded.org/openembedded
>>
>> bitbake version 1.10.0
>> branch master
>> MACHINE=akita time bitbake minimal-image
>> DISTRO = "angstrom-2008.1"
>> host machine : Debian lenny x86_64-linux
>>
>> I face to an unexpected error
>> "Error: git was compiled without libcurl support"
>>
>> I successfully built it until November 2nd but since last Saturday I
>> wonder if it should build or if is normal this behavoiur.
>> log: http://paste.ubuntu.com/533450/
>>

> you're using git from the host, guess that got changed one way or another.

Frans,
thank you for answering.

I tried removing ASSUME_PROVIDED git-native from my config (local.conf)
in this case bitbake create git and use it instead of the host provided.
Then I did

 bitbake -b git-native

Anyway there are errors again
http://tinderbox.openembedded.net/packages/985559/

Is anybody out there building with Debian Lenny 64 ?

@ 2010-11-17 19:30     ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2010-11-17 19:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 7:05 AM, Marco Cavallini <koansoftware@gmail.com> wrote:
> Frans Meulenbroeks ha scritto, Il 17/11/2010 15:01:
>> 2010/11/17 Marco Cavallini <koansoftware@gmail.com>:
>>> Hi, I just tried installing OE retrieving it from git
>>> git clone git://git.openembedded.org/openembedded
>>>
>>> bitbake version 1.10.0
>>> branch master
>>> MACHINE=akita time bitbake minimal-image
>>> DISTRO = "angstrom-2008.1"
>>> host machine : Debian lenny x86_64-linux
>>>
>>> I face to an unexpected error
>>> "Error: git was compiled without libcurl support"
>>>
>>> I successfully built it until November 2nd but since last Saturday I
>>> wonder if it should build or if is normal this behavoiur.
>>> log: http://paste.ubuntu.com/533450/
>>>

>> you're using git from the host, guess that got changed one way or another.
>>

> Frans,
> thank you for answering.
>
> I tried removing ASSUME_PROVIDED git-native from my config (local.conf)
> in this case bitbake create git and use it instead of the host provided.
> Then I did
>
>  bitbake -b git-native
>
> Anyway there are errors again
> http://tinderbox.openembedded.net/packages/985559/

can you post your local.conf and additionally what version of autoconf
is installed on your build host.

@ 2010-11-17 19:41       ` Tom Rini
From: Tom Rini @ 2010-11-17 19:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

On 11/17/2010 12:30 PM, Khem Raj wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 7:05 AM, Marco Cavallini<koansoftware@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Frans Meulenbroeks ha scritto, Il 17/11/2010 15:01:

>>> you're using git from the host, guess that got changed one way or another.
>>>

>> Frans,
>> thank you for answering.
>>
>> I tried removing ASSUME_PROVIDED git-native from my config (local.conf)
>> in this case bitbake create git and use it instead of the host provided.
>> Then I did
>>
>>   bitbake -b git-native
>>
>> Anyway there are errors again
>> http://tinderbox.openembedded.net/packages/985559/
>>
> can you post your local.conf and additionally what version of autoconf
> is installed on your build host.

On IRC we confirm that debian/lenny (on 64bit) has a git bug atm.

--
Tom Rini
Mentor Graphics Corporation

* Re: Error: git was compiled without libcurl support
@ 2010-11-18  9:04         ` Marco Cavallini
From: Marco Cavallini @ 2010-11-18  9:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

Tom Rini ha scritto, Il 17/11/2010 20:41:
> On 11/17/2010 12:30 PM, Khem Raj wrote:
>> On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 7:05 AM, Marco
>> Cavallini<koansoftware@gmail.com>  wrote:

>>> Frans,
>>> thank you for answering.
>>>
>>> I tried removing ASSUME_PROVIDED git-native from my config (local.conf)
>>> in this case bitbake create git and use it instead of the host provided.
>>> Then I did
>>>
>>>   bitbake -b git-native
>>>
>>> Anyway there are errors again
>>> http://tinderbox.openembedded.net/packages/985559/
>>>
>> can you post your local.conf and additionally what version of autoconf
>> is installed on your build host.
>
> On IRC we confirm that debian/lenny (on 64bit) has a git bug atm.

Here is my workaround, if you are using Debian Lenny as host distro
please read this carefully
http://www.kaeilos.com/debian-lenny-and-git-native

Suggestions would be appreciated.
HTH

Cordiali Saluti / Kindest Regards / mit freundlichen Grüssen
--
Marco Cavallini | KOAN sas | Bergamo - Italia
 embedded and real-time software engineering

* Re: Error: git was compiled without libcurl support
@ 2010-11-18 18:30           ` Khem Raj
  2010-11-18 18:43             ` git-native: fails with `/usr/bin/autoreconf: unrecognized option `--exclude=autopoint'` (was: Error: git was compiled without libcurl support) Paul Menzel
From: Khem Raj @ 2010-11-18 18:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 1:04 AM, Marco Cavallini <koansoftware@gmail.com> wrote:
> Tom Rini ha scritto, Il 17/11/2010 20:41:
>> On 11/17/2010 12:30 PM, Khem Raj wrote:

>>> can you post your local.conf and additionally what version of autoconf
>>> is installed on your build host.
>>
>> On IRC we confirm that debian/lenny (on 64bit) has a git bug atm.
>>

> Here is my workaround, if you are using Debian Lenny as host distro
> please read this carefully
> http://www.kaeilos.com/debian-lenny-and-git-native
>
> Suggestions would be appreciated.

why not just use git-native ?

* Re: git-native: fails with `/usr/bin/autoreconf: unrecognized option `--exclude=autopoint'` (was: Error: git was compiled without libcurl support)
@ 2010-11-18 18:43             ` Paul Menzel
From: Paul Menzel @ 2010-11-18 18:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

Am Donnerstag, den 18.11.2010, 10:30 -0800 schrieb Khem Raj:
> On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 1:04 AM, Marco Cavallini <koansoftware@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Tom Rini ha scritto, Il 17/11/2010 20:41:

[…]

> >> On IRC we confirm that debian/lenny (on 64bit) has a git bug atm.
> >>

> > Here is my workaround, if you are using Debian Lenny as host distro
> > please read this carefully
> > http://www.kaeilos.com/debian-lenny-and-git-native
> >
> > Suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> why not just use git-native ?

As Marco wrote four messages before, it fails for him [1]. I guess you
still need the version of `autoconf`.

Thanks,

Paul

[1] http://tinderbox.openembedded.net/public/logs/task/10259740.txt

@ 2010-11-20 10:15             ` Marco Cavallini
From: Marco Cavallini @ 2010-11-20 10:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

Khem Raj ha scritto, Il 18/11/2010 19:30:

>> Suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> why not just use git-native ?

Due to another error
http://tinderbox.openembedded.net/public/logs/task/10259740.txt

Yes with Debian Lenny and Debian git native because git version is too
old (git-1.6.3.3), and you should face to the following error:

 error: git was compiled without libcurl support

I solved it with this workaround (updated)