* Repetitive Mails and some errors with gmail
@ 2011-02-19  7:06 Anuz Pratap Singh Tomar
From: Anuz Pratap Singh Tomar @ 2011-02-19  7:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

Hi Rik,
There seem to be some trouble with new list and gmail.
At times there are many repeats of some mails and as pointed out in previous
conversation by Anish, there seem to be some issues in sending/receiving
mails.
Could you please look into this matter.

Regards
Anuz
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* Repetitive Mails and some errors with gmail
@ 2011-02-21 21:13 ` julie Sullivan
From: julie Sullivan @ 2011-02-21 21:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

> Hi Rik,
> There seem to be some trouble with new list and gmail.
> At times there are many repeats of some mails and as pointed out in previous
> conversation by Anish, there seem to be some issues in sending/receiving
> mails.
> Could you please look into this matter.
>
> Regards
> Anuz

annoying.

Cheers
Julie

* Repetitive Mails and some errors with gmail
@ 2011-02-22  1:29   ` Dave Hylands
From: Dave Hylands @ 2011-02-22  1:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 2:13 PM, julie Sullivan
<kernelmail.jms@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Rik,
>> There seem to be some trouble with new list and gmail.
>> At times there are many repeats of some mails and as pointed out in previous
>> conversation by Anish, there seem to be some issues in sending/receiving
>> mails.
>> Could you please look into this matter.
>>
>> Regards
>> Anuz

> annoying.

I use gmail.

Every time I post to the list, I was getting a bounce from amit at fibcom.com.

I've also seen duplicated posts, like from mohit on Feb 5. I received
5 copies of that email.

Looking in the archives, I see the original post, and a forwarded copy
of the post, with a subject of "netlink interface".

In my own archive, I have 3 copies of the original post and 2 copies
of the forwarded post.

The first copy of the original and Fwd have a timestamp of 5:03 AM,
the second pair at 2:01/2:02 PM, and a final copy of the original on
Feb 6 at 7:31 AM (I'm in PST, which I think is GMT-8).

Most of the messages only seem to come through once (as expected).

Dave Hylands

* Repetitive Mails and some errors with gmail
@ 2011-02-22  5:55     ` Mulyadi Santosa
From: Mulyadi Santosa @ 2011-02-22  5:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 08:29, Dave Hylands <dhylands@gmail.com> wrote:
> I use gmail.
>
> Every time I post to the list, I was getting a bounce from amit at fibcom.com.

Same here too.... I think, either the admin of the mail server fibcom
need to be contacted, or we just bluntly block them

--
regards,

Mulyadi Santosa
Freelance Linux trainer and consultant