* [ath9k-devel] [help appreciated!] What section(s) of the ath9k source code can I change...
@ 2010-11-16 22:46 Jay Davidson
From: Jay Davidson @ 2010-11-16 22:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

Hi all,

I was told that I can't change the Modulation Scheme 0-15 (MCS), Frame
aggregation (MPDU/MSDU) size without patching source code.

So I would be grateful if someone could outline which sections of the ath9k
source code I would need to modify(patch) in order to be able to change the
above features.

Also does ath9k have a way of activating spacial divison multiplexing(SDM)
as well as the other .11n MIMO features, and is their a chipset (AR9XXX)
that supports 450Mbits/s phy /300Mbits/s TCP/IP in the ATH9K driver.

Thank you all very much
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* [ath9k-devel] [help appreciated!] What section(s) of the ath9k source code can I change...
@ 2010-12-02 23:46 ` Jay Davidson
From: Jay Davidson @ 2010-12-02 23:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

Hi all,

Can someone please advise asap regrading my previous question.

Thanks

@ 2010-12-03  1:22   ` Adrian Chadd
From: Adrian Chadd @ 2010-12-03  1:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

The transmit side code is in xmit.c. That takes care of building up
the TX descriptor list, handling A-MPDU assembly, etc.

The MCS rates are selected by the rate mechanism in net80211. There's
code in xmit.c which assembles the 11n rate scenario array and
populates it with the TX rate for each of the four scenarios. It then
calls MAC specific calls (for <ar9003 and => ar9003 chips) which
writes this into the TX descriptor.

If you'd like to twiddle the selected MCS rates, you'd likely need to
look at the net80211 code and the TX rate control/selection algorithm
used.

HTH,

Adrian