* [ath9k-devel] AR9003 / AR9002 / AR5008 Testing Environment Available
@ 2011-01-21 18:05 Galen
From: Galen @ 2011-01-21 18:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

A number of mailing list members have expressed interest in AR9003-based hardware. At this time, I only have a very limited quantity of these cards on-hand (sample production cards), so I need to hold on to them for my own purposes and don't have any extras yet. However, if anybody has the need for testing with Atheros hardware to further ath9k-related development or improvements, particularly the new AR9003 hardware, I can provide ssh access to test systems in the near future. I'm making this available in the interests of furthering ath9k.

I have AR9003 (AR9380 3x3:3) cards, AR9002 cards (AR9280, AR9281), and AR5008 cards (AR5BXB72-type 3x3:2) available, all of which would be connected via PCIe. I can configure anywhere from 1 to 4 radio cards per system, and any reasonable number of systems you desire. I can provide you with a defined range of channels in the 5 GHz band that are free of other users and essentially interference-free.

If useful for cross-testing, I may be able to also install a few other cards, such as Intel 5300 (3x3:3), Broadcom, and some older ath5k cards. Access to a Ubiquiti Nanostation M5 (AR9280 with proprietary Linux binary drivers that include things like spectral scanning, reduced channel widths, and more) can also be arranged via web GUI and SSH.

You would be free to do anything you like to the systems. All systems will be non-critical testing systems, and I would provide root access so you can install things / hack / break the system as needed. If you break the system, I can re-image the whole system to fresh in a matter of minutes.

If you have specific requests, please contact me off-list with the nature of your testing objectives and requirements (functionality you're working on, desired hardware configuration) and some idea as to how much time you think you'll need. I should be able to facilitate remote access testing starting sometime next week, and I am thinking that I may be able make testing systems available mostly continuously for weeks or possibly months.

-Galen

* [ath9k-devel] AR9003 / AR9002 / AR5008 Testing Environment Available
@ 2011-01-22 11:15 ` Mohammed Shafi
From: Mohammed Shafi @ 2011-01-22 11:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 11:35 PM, Galen <galenz@zinkconsulting.com> wrote:
> A number of mailing list members have expressed interest in AR9003-based hardware. At this time, I only have a very limited quantity of these cards on-hand (sample production cards), so I need to hold on to them for my own purposes and don't have any extras yet. However, if anybody has the need for testing with Atheros hardware to further ath9k-related development or improvements, particularly the new AR9003 hardware, I can provide ssh access to test systems in the near future. I'm making this available in the interests of furthering ath9k.
>
> I have AR9003 (AR9380 3x3:3) cards, AR9002 cards (AR9280, AR9281), and AR5008 cards (AR5BXB72-type 3x3:2) available, all of which would be connected via PCIe. I can configure anywhere from 1 to 4 radio cards per system, and any reasonable number of systems you desire. I can provide you with a defined range of channels in the 5 GHz band that are free of other users and essentially interference-free.
>
> If useful for cross-testing, I may be able to also install a few other cards, such as Intel 5300 (3x3:3), Broadcom, and some older ath5k cards. Access to a Ubiquiti Nanostation M5 (AR9280 with proprietary Linux binary drivers that include things like spectral scanning, reduced channel widths, and more) can also be arranged via web GUI and SSH.
>
> You would be free to do anything you like to the systems. All systems will be non-critical testing systems, and I would provide root access so you can install things / hack / break the system as needed. If you break the system, I can re-image the whole system to fresh in a matter of minutes.
>
> If you have specific requests, please contact me off-list with the nature of your testing objectives and requirements (functionality you're working on, desired hardware configuration) and some idea as to how much time you think you'll need. I should be able to facilitate remote access testing starting sometime next week, and I am thinking that I may be able make testing systems available mostly continuously for weeks or possibly months.

Really great, Thanks!