* [Qemu-devel] PS2 Mouse/Kbd do not work with qemu-0.13.0
@ 2010-11-16 21:52 Adhyas Avasthi
From: Adhyas Avasthi @ 2010-11-16 21:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: qemu-devel

I have issues with both PS2 Mouse and Keyboard working out of the box
with virgin qemu-0.13.0 code base. The host is Ubuntu 10.04 x86_64 and
I am making a 64-bit build for x86_64-softmmu

Sometimes (for some guest environments, e.g. Ubuntu 10.10. x86_64) the
mouse does not work within the guest, while the keyboard does. In some
other environments, the keyboard does not work as well. Has anyone
else witnessed the same issue? Are there any known workarounds I can
use to move ahead?

USB keyboard/mouse do work, but I cannot use that workaround for the
work I am doing as I don't have USB drivers in my BIOS yet.
I will appreciate any responses that can help me get unblocked.

Thanks,
Adhyas
Two types have compatible type if their types are the same.
    — ANSI C Standard, 3.1.2.6.

* Re: [Qemu-devel] PS2 Mouse/Kbd do not work with qemu-0.13.0
@ 2010-11-17  1:05 ` Brian Wheeler
From: Brian Wheeler @ 2010-11-17  1:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adhyas Avasthi; +Cc: qemu-devel

On Tue, 2010-11-16 at 13:52 -0800, Adhyas Avasthi wrote:
> I have issues with both PS2 Mouse and Keyboard working out of the box
> with virgin qemu-0.13.0 code base. The host is Ubuntu 10.04 x86_64 and
> I am making a 64-bit build for x86_64-softmmu
>
> Sometimes (for some guest environments, e.g. Ubuntu 10.10. x86_64) the
> mouse does not work within the guest, while the keyboard does. In some
> other environments, the keyboard does not work as well. Has anyone
> else witnessed the same issue? Are there any known workarounds I can
> use to move ahead?
>
> USB keyboard/mouse do work, but I cannot use that workaround for the
> work I am doing as I don't have USB drivers in my BIOS yet.
> I will appreciate any responses that can help me get unblocked.

I don't have any helpful advice, but the PS/2 Mouse has been broken for
ages for OpenStep and some other older OSes.  I tried to track it down
but I never could quite pinpoint what was going on.

Brian

> Thanks,
> Adhyas
> Two types have compatible type if their types are the same.
>     — ANSI C Standard, 3.1.2.6.

* [Qemu-devel] Re: PS2 Mouse/Kbd do not work with qemu-0.13.0
@ 2010-11-17  1:57 ` Adhyas Avasthi
From: Adhyas Avasthi @ 2010-11-17  1:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: qemu-devel

I am trying to use it on my custom build of open source EFI BIOS
(which does not use interrupts, and uses only polling) and this does
not work. Also, PS2 Mouse does not work for Ubuntu 10.10. x86_64 guest
for me.
Oh, and the same BIOS (and its driver) work just fine for 0.12.5 and
0.12.3, but does not work for 0.13.0
If that helps prove my case further.

I am trying to debug more.

Thanks,
Adhyas

On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 1:52 PM, Adhyas Avasthi <adhyas@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have issues with both PS2 Mouse and Keyboard working out of the box
> with virgin qemu-0.13.0 code base. The host is Ubuntu 10.04 x86_64 and
> I am making a 64-bit build for x86_64-softmmu
>
> Sometimes (for some guest environments, e.g. Ubuntu 10.10. x86_64) the
> mouse does not work within the guest, while the keyboard does. In some
> other environments, the keyboard does not work as well. Has anyone
> else witnessed the same issue? Are there any known workarounds I can
> use to move ahead?
>
> USB keyboard/mouse do work, but I cannot use that workaround for the
> work I am doing as I don't have USB drivers in my BIOS yet.
> I will appreciate any responses that can help me get unblocked.
>
> Thanks,
> Adhyas
> Two types have compatible type if their types are the same.
>     — ANSI C Standard, 3.1.2.6.

Adhyas
Two types have compatible type if their types are the same.
    — ANSI C Standard, 3.1.2.6.

* Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: PS2 Mouse/Kbd do not work with qemu-0.13.0
@ 2010-11-17  7:40   ` Michael Tokarev
From: Michael Tokarev @ 2010-11-17  7:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adhyas Avasthi; +Cc: qemu-devel

17.11.2010 04:57, Adhyas Avasthi wrote:
> I am trying to use it on my custom build of open source EFI BIOS
> (which does not use interrupts, and uses only polling) and this does
> not work. Also, PS2 Mouse does not work for Ubuntu 10.10. x86_64 guest
> for me.
> Oh, and the same BIOS (and its driver) work just fine for 0.12.5 and
> 0.12.3, but does not work for 0.13.0
> If that helps prove my case further.

Mouse problem in 0.13 is well known and fixed quite some time ago by this
patch in 0.13 git:

commit cd496926155afcb3b6323e70dd720dc118b3a255
Author: Gerd Hoffmann <kraxel@redhat.com>
Date:   Fri Oct 8 12:30:13 2010 +0200

    vmmouse: adapt to mouse handler changes.

I can't say for ps/2 keyboard: it works for me in various windows and
linux guests.

/mjt