* The "The status of btrfsck" thread
       [not found] <AANLkTim3LUO8BqC61LLFh8CuBOVLkEdCU_p=StqBFQpG@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2010-08-26  8:43 ` Chester
From: Chester @ 2010-08-26  8:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-btrfs

Hi, I'm aware that btrfs doesn't have a functioning fsck tool that
fixes errors.
I was just wondering (I'm sure many are, also) if there is a working
btrfsck somewhere in the pipeline.
If there is some sort of rough estimate to when it'll be available,
please state it here.

If you're not confident about any release date, it's no big deal. I
just want an organized place
to sift through things regarding btrfsck (since it's pretty crucial)

* Re: The "The status of btrfsck" thread
@ 2010-08-27  0:57   ` Chris Mason
From: Chris Mason @ 2010-08-27  0:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chester; +Cc: linux-btrfs

On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 03:43:52AM -0500, Chester wrote:
> Hi, I'm aware that btrfs doesn't have a functioning fsck tool that
> fixes errors.
> I was just wondering (I'm sure many are, also) if there is a working
> btrfsck somewhere in the pipeline.
> If there is some sort of rough estimate to when it'll be available,
> please state it here.
>
> If you're not confident about any release date, it's no big deal. I
> just want an organized place
> to sift through things regarding btrfsck (since it's pretty crucial)

We're still actively developing it.  I don't have a release date planned
yet but we should have betas coming out over the next few months.

-chris

* Re: The "The status of btrfsck" thread
@ 2010-08-27  3:25     ` Chester
From: Chester @ 2010-08-27  3:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Mason, Chester, linux-btrfs

Thanks chris, and that's wonderful!
Lemme just hope silent corruption won't kill me by then (I had to
force my computer to turn off a couple of times (but that was so long
ago))
Looking forward to the releases.

On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 7:57 PM, Chris Mason <chris.mason@oracle.com> w=
rote:
> On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 03:43:52AM -0500, Chester wrote:
>> Hi, I'm aware that btrfs doesn't have a functioning fsck tool that
>> fixes errors.
>> I was just wondering (I'm sure many are, also) if there is a working
>> btrfsck somewhere in the pipeline.
>> If there is some sort of rough estimate to when it'll be available,
>> please state it here.
>>
>> If you're not confident about any release date, it's no big deal. I
>> just want an organized place
>> to sift through things regarding btrfsck (since it's pretty crucial)
>
> We're still actively developing it. =A0I don't have a release date pl=
anned
> yet but we should have betas coming out over the next few months.
>
> -chris

in