* git status / ls-files
@ 2010-07-07 20:31 Mahesh Vaidya
From: Mahesh Vaidya @ 2010-07-07 20:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

Hi

Is there a query command which I can run on my workspace which will
give output of following style. (in the same that of command
git merge foo  givesO

I have examined git-lsfiles ; git log ; git-status didn't get output
in following style

Auto-merging nv/aaad/aaad_utils.c
Auto-merging nv/aaad/include/aaad_session_private.h
CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in nv/aaad/include/aaad_session_private.h
Auto-merging nv/aaad/test/session_authen_test.c
CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in nv/aaad/test/session_authen_test.c

--
Thank you and best regards.
Mahesh Vaidya  / 9740500144

* Re: git status / ls-files
@ 2010-07-08 10:06 ` Michael J Gruber
From: Michael J Gruber @ 2010-07-08 10:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mahesh Vaidya; +Cc: git

Mahesh Vaidya venit, vidit, dixit 07.07.2010 22:31:
> Hi
>
> Is there a query command which I can run on my workspace which will
> give output of following style. (in the same that of command
> git merge foo  givesO
>
> I have examined git-lsfiles ; git log ; git-status didn't get output
> in following style
>

> Auto-merging nv/aaad/aaad_utils.c
> Auto-merging nv/aaad/include/aaad_session_private.h
> CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in nv/aaad/include/aaad_session_private.h
> Auto-merging nv/aaad/test/session_authen_test.c
> CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in nv/aaad/test/session_authen_test.c

You can get this info only by attempting a merge, but you an avoid the
merge commit with

git merge --no-commit

So, maybe "git merge --no-commit foo; git reset --hard"?

Or do you want that info (again) right after a failed merge, during the
conflict resolution?

Michael