* USB SUNRPC
@ 2011-01-25  6:14 swathi suresh
From: swathi suresh @ 2011-01-25  6:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

Hello,

      Am working on a project which is some thing like i receive the RPC
message over USB, and redirect this message to SUNRPC server or network file
server NFS(by manually decoding the RPC messages using XDR libs). So is this
feasible or should i proceed with writing my own NFS in the user space.

Background:

       I have written the USB device drivers and a network driver, which
successfully return the data received via USB, to the user space program
which has opened a socket to the address family and a protocol family i have
implemented.

      I have gone though the source code of net/sunrpc and fs/nfsd
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* USB SUNRPC
@ 2011-01-25  9:24 ` Greg KH
From: Greg KH @ 2011-01-25  9:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 11:44:26AM +0530, swathi suresh wrote:
> Hello,
>
>       Am working on a project which is some thing like i receive the RPC
> message over USB

What type of device would you receive this message on?

If it's a USB network device, it should work "as-is" today with no
additional changes needed.

Have you tried this?

thanks,

greg k-h