* Problem with git shell on mac
@ 2011-02-22 14:39 Luka Kac
From: Luka Kac @ 2011-02-22 14:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

Hi guys.

I have a problem with git on a Mac os server.
a program is trying to run git shell with this command :

git shell -c git-upload-pack '/path/to/repo.git'

the process dies on an assert in exec_cmd.c :

Assertion failed: (argv0_path), function system_path, file exec_cmd.c, line 27.
error: git-shell died of signal 6

what could be wrong ? is the argv0_path path to the git-upload-pack executable ? I'm pretty sure that it is in path because ssh git@server \echo $PATH contains the path to git.

What else should I do ?

Thanks for your help.

* Re: Problem with git shell on mac
@ 2011-02-22 22:34 ` Jay Soffian
From: Jay Soffian @ 2011-02-22 22:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Luka Kac; +Cc: git

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 9:39 AM, Luka Kac <luka.kac@sis.si> wrote:
> Hi guys.
>
> I have a problem with git on a Mac os server.
> a program is trying to run git shell with this command :
>
> git shell -c git-upload-pack '/path/to/repo.git'
>
> the process dies on an assert in exec_cmd.c :
>
> Assertion failed: (argv0_path), function system_path, file exec_cmd.c, line 27.
> error: git-shell died of signal 6
>

> what could be wrong ? is the argv0_path path to the git-upload-pack executable ? I'm pretty sure that it is in path because ssh git@server \echo $PATH contains the path to git.
>
> What else should I do ?

Your binary appears to have been compiled with RUNTIME_PREFIX set.
This is (AFAIK) only enabled by default under Cygwin/MinGW. In any
case, I believe it requires that you invoke git using an absolute
path.

Try /path/to/git shell  ...

j.

* Re: Problem with git shell on mac
@ 2011-02-23 11:25   ` Luka Kac
From: Luka Kac @ 2011-02-23 11:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jay Soffian; +Cc: git

On 22.2.2011, at 23:34, Jay Soffian wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 9:39 AM, Luka Kac <luka.kac@sis.si> wrote:
>> Hi guys.
>>
>> I have a problem with git on a Mac os server.
>> a program is trying to run git shell with this command :
>>
>> git shell -c git-upload-pack '/path/to/repo.git'
>>
>> the process dies on an assert in exec_cmd.c :
>>
>> Assertion failed: (argv0_path), function system_path, file exec_cmd.c, line 27.
>> error: git-shell died of signal 6
>>

>> what could be wrong ? is the argv0_path path to the git-upload-pack executable ? I'm pretty sure that it is in path because ssh git@server \echo $PATH contains the path to git.
>>
>> What else should I do ?
>
> Your binary appears to have been compiled with RUNTIME_PREFIX set.
> This is (AFAIK) only enabled by default under Cygwin/MinGW. In any
> case, I believe it requires that you invoke git using an absolute
> path.
>
> Try /path/to/git shell  ...
>
> j.

Thank you. That worked.