* Fw: [linux-dvb] DSM-CC question
@ 2010-09-14 20:32 Suchita Gupta
From: Suchita Gupta @ 2010-09-14 20:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-media

Hi,

First of all, I am new to this list, so I am not sire if this is right place for

this question.
If not, please forgive me and point me to right list.

I am writing a DSMCC decoding implementation to persist it to local filesystem.
I am unable to understand few thiings related to "srg"

I know, it represents the top level directory. But how do I get the name of this

directory?
I can extract the names of subdirs and files using name components but where is
the name of top level directory?

Also, as far as I understand it, I can't start writing to the local filesystem
until I have acquired the whole carousel.

Can, anyone please provide me some guidance.

Thanks in Advance,
rs

* Re: Fw: [linux-dvb] DSM-CC question
@ 2010-09-14 21:20 ` Simon Liddicott
From: Simon Liddicott @ 2010-09-14 21:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Suchita Gupta; +Cc: linux-media

Have you had a look at the code for redbutton?

http://redbutton.sourceforge.net/

Si

@ 2010-09-15 18:05   ` Peter Evertz
From: Peter Evertz @ 2010-09-15 18:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Simon Liddicott; +Cc: Suchita Gupta, linux-media

Or take a look at "mhp" or "dsmcc" plugins for vdr. Both not activ
projects, but both have a dsmcc implementation.

Are you working on a "hbbtv" solution ?

@ 2010-09-22 13:52     ` Suchita Gupta
From: Suchita Gupta @ 2010-09-22 13:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Evertz, Simon Liddicott; +Cc: linux-media

Hi All,

Thanks to everyone for their help.
I am able to build a tree from DSMCC carousel.

I have done only file, dir and srg messages at the time being as I don't
understand the usage of stream and stream event messages at the moment.
Can anyone please explain these to me and how can they be assembled.

Thanks,
rs

@ 2010-10-05 13:26     ` Suchita Gupta
From: Suchita Gupta @ 2010-10-05 13:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-media

 Hi,

I need help to understand stream and stream event messages.

 Stream Message:
I can read upto message length. But after that what is the use of taps  and if i
process those taps, what information do i need to store on  filesystem and how
that information can be used. Also, In what cases in  DVB-S DSMCC we can get
stream message and what is the use of it. As far  as I understand all the useful
data is in file messages.(dir and srg are  required to get proper structure but
actual contents which can be used  are in file).

Stream Event Message:
Similarly, with stream event message what is the use of taps and how to  process
them. Also, what is the use of event ids in this message and  why do we need to
store it or use it?

Thanks for help.