* anyone can help me about nand_get_flash_type
@ 2010-08-25  9:36 Tony Wan
From: Tony Wan @ 2010-08-25  9:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-mtd

Hi there,

I got an ARM device from Marvell with a NAND rom, running Linux
2.6.22.18. These days I'm working on upgrading the kernel to 2.6.31.8.
After the upgrade, all devices work well except the NAND rom. I found
it's because that the device and manufacturer IDs cannot be retrieved
correctly in nand_get_flash_type.  In 2.6.22.18, the IDs can be
retrieved as expected; but in 2.6.31.8, the IDs always be 0, which
leads to an error in nand_scan.

I'm a definitely newbie with MTD, and currently have no idea about the
problem. Except IO_ADDR_R & IO_ADDR_W are remapped to different
addresses, I can't find any differences between the 2 versions from
the system log -- may it be the reason? Anyone can give me some tips
about this problem -- how to fix it or how to debug? Any suggestions
will be appreciated.

--
Best regards,
Tony Wan

* Fwd: anyone can help me about nand_get_flash_type
@ 2010-09-07  6:37 ` Tony Wan
From: Tony Wan @ 2010-09-07  6:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Anyone can help me with this problem? even some ideas how to debug and
find the problem? Thank you!

[...]

* Re: Fwd: anyone can help me about nand_get_flash_type
@ 2010-09-07 13:29   ` Justin P. Mattock
From: Justin P. Mattock @ 2010-09-07 13:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tony Wan; +Cc: linux-kernel

On 09/06/2010 11:37 PM, Tony Wan wrote:
> Anyone can help me with this problem? even some ideas how to debug and
> find the problem? Thank you!

in this case if 2.6.22 worked and 2.6.31 is broken Id suggest bisecting
this, since you have a good/bad starting point.
http://linux.yyz.us/git-howto.html

Justin P. Mattock