* next release of grub2?
@ 2010-08-23 18:24 KESHAV P.R.
From: KESHAV P.R. @ 2010-08-23 18:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: grub-devel

When is the next release of grub2 going to be? Distros like Archlinux
and Fedora do not use intermediate bzr versions like Ubuntu and Debian
do. These distro are using grub 1.98 which is way too old for the
number of revisions bzr repo has seen. Please release 1.98.1 or 1.99
sooner.

I also noticed lots of spam in http://grub.enbug.org/
(http://grub.enbug.org/RecentChanges), seems to have been hacked. This
the only site that currently hosts whatever documentation grub2
carries (atleast for non-BIOS related stuff - like UEFI etc.). Please
correct it. Thank you.

* Re: next release of grub2?
@ 2010-08-23 20:50 ` Bruce Dubbs
From: Bruce Dubbs @ 2010-08-23 20:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The development of GNU GRUB

KESHAV P.R. wrote:

> This the only site that currently hosts whatever documentation grub2
> carries.

Did you see http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/manual/html_node/index.html

   -- Bruce

* Re: next release of grub2?
@ 2010-08-24 10:55     ` Colin Watson
From: Colin Watson @ 2010-08-24 10:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The development of GNU GRUB

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 03:36:38PM +0530, KESHAV P.R. wrote:
> IMHO you guys should release monthly snapshot tarballs for use in distros.

More frequent releases would be a smarter thing to do.  Distributions
should not be using non-blessed snapshots unless they're substantially
involved in GRUB development and know what they're doing.

--
Colin Watson                                       [cjwatson@ubuntu.com]

* Re: next release of grub2?
@ 2010-08-24 10:06   ` KESHAV P.R.
From: KESHAV P.R. @ 2010-08-24 10:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The development of GNU GRUB

@ 2010-08-24  9:11 ` Colin Watson
From: Colin Watson @ 2010-08-24  9:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: grub-devel

@ 2010-08-24  6:25 KESHAV P.R.
From: KESHAV P.R. @ 2010-08-24  6:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: grub-devel

I am trying to package grub2 for efi for archlinux
http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=39904 and
http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=39905 .

The link for new version
http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/manual/grub.html#Obtaining-and-Building-GRUB
- ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/grub/grub-1.98-r2613.tar.gz does not exist.
In my system I manually compile the bzr version but I cannot do the
same for packaging, I need a release version accoding to Archlinux
Guidelines.

The GRUB manual has good info, but only for bios systems. It does not
talk about compiling and setting up grub2 for efi, coreboot and other
firmwares grub2 supports. Those info are still available only at
http://grub.enbug.org . Maybe you guys should move that site to
http://www.gnu.org/software/grub .

Regards

Keshav