* ISI drivers test simulator
@ 2010-07-20  9:28 Alan KREUTZ
From: Alan KREUTZ @ 2010-07-20  9:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ofono

Hello all,

I started to study and work on oFono and I'm searching for a way to test
ISI modem driver.

I have noticed that oFono AT modem driver can be tested with phonesim
simulator and that it can be possible to use oFono ISI drivers with a
Nokia mobile phone (for example N900 mobile phone).

My questions are:
1-    Is, the fact to test oFono ISI driver with a Nokia phone, the only
way to test ISI drivers or is there a simulator like phonesim for ISI
driver?

2-    How to test oFono with a Nokia mobile? I believe that the plugin
usbpnmodem.c must be used to communicate with modem via USB and it seems
that Maemo (or MeeGo) is mandatory too. Is this correct?

3-    And last question, if a Nokia modem is connected via USB to a PC,
is the Nokia's modem disconnected from UI part in order to receive and
treat only messages from host (PC/oFono)?

Thanks for your answer,

Best Regards,

Alan

[-- Attachment #2: attachment.html --]
[-- Type: text/html, Size: 5983 bytes --]

* Re: ISI drivers test simulator
@ 2010-07-20 10:25 ` =?unknown-8bit?q?R=C3=A9mi?= Denis-Courmont
From: =?unknown-8bit?q?R=C3=A9mi?= Denis-Courmont @ 2010-07-20 10:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ofono

On Tue, 20 Jul 2010 11:28:59 +0200, "Alan KREUTZ"
<alan.kreutz.vz@rdf.renesas.com> wrote:
> 1-    Is, the fact to test oFono ISI driver with a Nokia phone, the only
> way to test ISI drivers or is there a simulator like phonesim for ISI
> driver?

Yes.

> 2-    How to test oFono with a Nokia mobile? I believe that the plugin
> usbpnmodem.c must be used to communicate with modem via USB and it seems
> that Maemo (or MeeGo) is mandatory too. Is this correct?

Yes and no. Some of the oFono atoms from the ISI driver do work with S60
phones and S40 phones too.

> 3-    And last question, if a Nokia modem is connected via USB to a PC,
> is the Nokia's modem disconnected from UI part in order to receive and
> treat only messages from host (PC/oFono)?

Some features won't work, notably SMS reception.

--
Rémi Denis-Courmont
http://www.remlab.net

* RE: ISI drivers test simulator
@ 2010-07-21 14:37   ` Zhang, Zhenhua
From: Zhang, Zhenhua @ 2010-07-21 14:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ofono

Hi Remi,

Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Jul 2010 11:28:59 +0200, "Alan KREUTZ"
> <alan.kreutz.vz@rdf.renesas.com> wrote:
>> 1-    Is, the fact to test oFono ISI driver with a Nokia phone, the
>> only way to test ISI drivers or is there a simulator like phonesim
>> for ISI driver?
>
> Yes.
>
>> 2-    How to test oFono with a Nokia mobile? I believe that the
>> plugin usbpnmodem.c must be used to communicate with modem via USB
>> and it seems that Maemo (or MeeGo) is mandatory too. Is this correct?
>
> Yes and no. Some of the oFono atoms from the ISI driver do work with
> S60 phones and S40 phones too.
>
>> 3-    And last question, if a Nokia modem is connected via USB to a
>> PC, is the Nokia's modem disconnected from UI part in order to
>> receive and treat only messages from host (PC/oFono)?
>
> Some features won't work, notably SMS reception.

One question I have: Can we install Meego image and use oFono to operate Nokia's
modem natively on N900 now? Can we use voicecall/GPRS/SMS and other availabe
featueres in oFono?

> --
> Rémi Denis-Courmont
> http://www.remlab.net