* [LTP] LTP on embedded systems re-visited
@ 2010-10-27 10:44 David Peverley
From: David Peverley @ 2010-10-27 10:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ltp-list

Hi all,

Sorry I just realised I posted the previous message without a proper
introduction email! So, Hello! I'm running LTP on an embedded ARM
target and thought it would be worth bringing up what looks like an
occasional on-off discussion for this list!

I've got quite a lot of interesting discussion points but
fundamentally I think there's a reasonable case for writing an
"embedded LTP HOWTO" separate to the current HOWTO. This is to cover
the differences in cross compiling environment, running remotely,
busybox compat, test subset configuration etc. Is it worth me spending
some time collating my notes from current experiences into a doc to
submit? Looking in the archives, in 2008 Shane Volpe was looking into
doing something similar but I couldn't find any eventual output from
this?

Cheers,

~Pev

* Re: [LTP] LTP on embedded systems re-visited
@ 2010-10-27 11:14 ` Garrett Cooper
From: Garrett Cooper @ 2010-10-27 11:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Peverley; +Cc: ltp-list

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 3:44 AM, David Peverley <pev@sketchymonkey.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Sorry I just realised I posted the previous message without a proper
> introduction email! So, Hello! I'm running LTP on an embedded ARM
> target and thought it would be worth bringing up what looks like an
> occasional on-off discussion for this list!
>
> I've got quite a lot of interesting discussion points but
> fundamentally I think there's a reasonable case for writing an
> "embedded LTP HOWTO" separate to the current HOWTO. This is to cover
> the differences in cross compiling environment, running remotely,
> busybox compat, test subset configuration etc. Is it worth me spending
> some time collating my notes from current experiences into a doc to
> submit? Looking in the archives, in 2008 Shane Volpe was looking into
> doing something similar but I couldn't find any eventual output from
> this?

    Sure. Multiple folks run LTP on embedded platforms on the list (I
used to run it on MIPS and PowerPC, but no longer work with the group
that developed on Linux, so I don't have access to that hardware), but
no one that I know of who uses busybox on the list (or at least hasn't
spoken up about using it recently).
    There are issues with shell portability and utilities that once
upon a time some folks who actively developed on the list (Cyril,
Mike, me) tried to track down and fix, but interest seems to have
waned. If you find any issues, please point them out and I'll try to
resolve them one at a time.
Thanks!
-Garrett

* Re: [LTP] LTP on embedded systems re-visited
@ 2011-12-29 13:33 ` svolpe
From: svolpe @ 2011-12-29 13:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ltp-list

Pev,

"Looking in the archives, in 2008 Shane Volpe was looking into
doing something similar but I couldn't find any eventual output from
this?"

I just came across your post from 2010 and wanted to reply (although very
late): no there was never a final outcome to my work on getting LTP running
on an embedded system.  I did get it working for my specific application but
it involved several system specific hacks (mainly because of limit RAM) so I
never posted those hacks.

Did you make any progress running LTP on your embedded system?  I still
would like to see a more collaborative effort in LTP (or some other test
suite) for testing embedded systems.
Regards,
Shane