* ntp client
@ 2011-01-10 21:23 João Henrique Freitas
From: João Henrique Freitas @ 2011-01-10 21:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Hi,

I searched in meta/* but did not found a ntp client like.

busybox have one but yocto don't compiles it, by default.

I can use a busybox.append or change busybox recipe.

In this cases, what is the best to do?

Thanks

João Henrique Freitas - joaohf_at_gmail.com
Campinas-SP-Brasil
BSD051283
LPI 1
http://www.joaohfreitas.eti.br

* Re: ntp client
@ 2011-01-12 19:30 ` Saul Wold
From: Saul Wold @ 2011-01-12 19:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: João Henrique Freitas; +Cc: yocto

On 01/10/2011 01:23 PM, João Henrique Freitas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I searched in meta/* but did not found a ntp client like.
>
> busybox have one but yocto don't compiles it, by default.
>
> I can use a busybox.append or change busybox recipe.
>
> In this cases, what is the best to do?

João,

If you are creating a layer, then it would be best to create a
busybox.bbappend file that enables the options you are looking for. You
can also add an ntp client in your layer, you just need to ensure you
also add it to the appropriate task or image via a .bbappend file.

Sau!

> Thanks

* Re: ntp client
@ 2011-01-12 23:30   ` João Henrique Freitas
From: João Henrique Freitas @ 2011-01-12 23:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Saul Wold; +Cc: yocto

Hi,

I have a layer and will try it.

If all thinks goes well, I submit a patch.

In OE I used openntpd. The busybox ntp client does not support a config file.