* Bluetooth Help Needed Please
@ 2011-01-25  2:05 Morné Liebenberg
From: Morné Liebenberg @ 2011-01-25  2:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-bluetooth

To whom it may concern;

Hi may name is Morne and I'm trying to update my Bluez software but
get the following errors:

gmg@GMG:~/Downloads/bluez-4.86$ ./configure --prefix=/usr
--mandir=/usr/share/man \
> --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var --libexecdir=/lib
checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... mawk
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking whether gcc and cc understand -c and -o together... yes
checking whether gcc accepts -fPIE... yes
checking for bison... no
checking for byacc... no
checking for flex... no
checking for lex... no
checking for a sed that does not truncate output... /bin/sed
checking for egrep... /bin/grep -E
checking for fgrep... /bin/grep -F
checking for ld used by gcc... /usr/bin/ld
checking if the linker (/usr/bin/ld) is GNU ld... yes
checking for BSD- or MS-compatible name lister (nm)... /usr/bin/nm -B
checking the name lister (/usr/bin/nm -B) interface... BSD nm
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking the maximum length of command line arguments... 1572864
checking whether the shell understands some XSI constructs... yes
checking whether the shell understands "+="... yes
checking for /usr/bin/ld option to reload object files... -r
checking for objdump... objdump
checking how to recognize dependent libraries... pass_all
checking for ar... ar
checking for strip... strip
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking command to parse /usr/bin/nm -B output from gcc object... ok
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking for dlfcn.h... yes
checking for objdir... .libs
checking if gcc supports -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions... no
checking for gcc option to produce PIC... -fPIC -DPIC
checking if gcc PIC flag -fPIC -DPIC works... yes
checking if gcc static flag -static works... yes
checking if gcc supports -c -o file.o... yes
checking if gcc supports -c -o file.o... (cached) yes
checking whether the gcc linker (/usr/bin/ld) supports shared libraries... yes
checking whether -lc should be explicitly linked in... no
checking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux ld.so
checking whether to build static libraries... no
checking for ppoll... yes
checking for dlopen in -ldl... yes
checking for DBUS... no
configure: error: D-Bus library is required
gmg@GMG:~/Downloads/bluez-4.86$

Could you perhaps help me with this update issue...

The other issue I am having is receiving calls to my cellphone and
playing the person who is calling via my computer speakers using a
blue-tooth dongle.
Otherwise if it's not possible then I could just might as well buy a
blue-tooth earpiece, disconnect it's small speaker and connect it to
my amp but will only have mono sound

Anyways please help me on this issue...i would be gratefull if any
good news came back

Thank you
Morne

* Re: Bluetooth Help Needed Please
@ 2011-01-25  3:08 ` Andrew Kirch
From: Andrew Kirch @ 2011-01-25  3:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Morné Liebenberg; +Cc: linux-bluetooth

install dbus-dev dbus-devel libdbus, etc

Andrew

@ 2011-01-25  4:55   ` Arun K. Singh
From: Arun K. Singh @ 2011-01-25  4:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Kirch; +Cc: Morné Liebenberg, linux-bluetooth

or may be just the dbus header [libdbus-1-dev] - as most of the
contemporary linux hosts have dbus pre-installed ...

Best Regards,
Arun
www.crazydaks.com