* HELP: cannot clone a repository via http_proxy on FC13
@ 2010-06-01  3:30 Sylvia Liu
From: Sylvia Liu @ 2010-06-01  3:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

Hello,

I cannot use git clone to get data from a repository.

I encountered the problem and searched on line without any solutions.
So could you please help me on this?

First, I have setup the http_proxy as an environment variable. And I
can use wget to download the repository page.

--- On my FC13
System: Fedora 13
Kernel version: 2.6.33.4-95.fc13.i686.PAE
Git version: 1.7.0.1

I tried this command:
   sudo git clone
http://git.gitorious.org/meego-developer-tools/image-creator.git

got the error messages as follow:
   Initialized empty Git repository in
/home/sylvia/workarea/DEV_TOOLS/test/image-creator/.git/
   error: Failed connect to git.gitorious.org:80; Operation now in
progress while accessing
http://git.gitorious.org/meego-developer-tools/image-creator.git/info/refs

   fatal: HTTP request failed

--- On my FC12
I also tried on Fedora 12, same error exist.

--- On my Kubuntu: it is working well.
System: Kubuntu
Kernel version: 2.6.31-21-generic
Git version: 1.6.3.3

Seems it is something wrong with Fedora.
Can you help me on this?
Thanks a lot.

BR,
Sylvia

* Re: HELP: cannot clone a repository via http_proxy on FC13
@ 2010-06-01  4:03 ` Tay Ray Chuan
From: Tay Ray Chuan @ 2010-06-01  4:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sylvia Liu; +Cc: git

Hi,

On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 11:30 AM, Sylvia Liu <sylviaonlyone@gmail.com> wrote:
> I tried this command:
>   sudo git clone
> http://git.gitorious.org/meego-developer-tools/image-creator.git

Probably not related, but why sudo?

> got the error messages as follow:
>   Initialized empty Git repository in
> /home/sylvia/workarea/DEV_TOOLS/test/image-creator/.git/
>   error: Failed connect to git.gitorious.org:80; Operation now in
> progress while accessing
> http://git.gitorious.org/meego-developer-tools/image-creator.git/info/refs
>
>   fatal: HTTP request failed

Can you try

  $ GIT_CURL_VERBOSE=1 git clone
http://git.gitorious.org/meego-developer-tools/image-creator.git

and paste the output here?

--
Cheers,
Ray Chuan

* Re: HELP: cannot clone a repository via http_proxy on FC13
@ 2010-06-01  4:30   ` Sylvia Liu
From: Sylvia Liu @ 2010-06-01  4:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tay Ray Chuan; +Cc: git

Hi Ray,

Thanks a lot.
Seems the "sudo" IS the problem, indeed.
Without the sudo, it is working.

But on Ubuntu, I use sudo all the times, and it still works. Isn't it strange?
And as I remembered, while I using FC12 before, it didn't work
neither; even without a sudo....

Anyway, it is working. Thanks.

@ 2010-06-01 13:24     ` Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason
From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason @ 2010-06-01 13:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sylvia Liu; +Cc: Tay Ray Chuan, git

On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 04:30, Sylvia Liu <sylviaonlyone@gmail.com> wrote:
> But on Ubuntu, I use sudo all the times, and it still works. Isn't it strange?
> And as I remembered, while I using FC12 before, it didn't work
> neither; even without a sudo....

What is your Ubuntu's and FC13 /etc/sudoers file like?

* Re: HELP: cannot clone a repository via http_proxy on FC13
@ 2010-06-02  1:18       ` Sylvia Liu
From: Sylvia Liu @ 2010-06-02  1:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason; +Cc: Tay Ray Chuan, git

Hi,

My sudoers file seems quite simple.
I haven't modified it except for adding my own user name in it.

-------------------------
FC13 sudoers:
"
Defaults    requiretty

Defaults    env_reset
Defaults    env_keep =  "COLORS DISPLAY HOSTNAME HISTSIZE INPUTRC
KDEDIR LS_COLORS"
Defaults    env_keep += "MAIL PS1 PS2 QTDIR USERNAME LANG LC_ADDRESS LC_CTYPE"
Defaults    env_keep += "LC_COLLATE LC_IDENTIFICATION LC_MEASUREMENT
LC_MESSAGES"
Defaults    env_keep += "LC_MONETARY LC_NAME LC_NUMERIC LC_PAPER LC_TELEPHONE"
Defaults    env_keep += "LC_TIME LC_ALL LANGUAGE LINGUAS _XKB_CHARSET
XAUTHORITY"

Defaults    secure_path = /sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin

root	ALL=(ALL) 	ALL
sylvia	ALL=(ALL) 	ALL
"

ubuntu sudoers: