* Question: Is multipath routing supported for IPv6
@ 2010-08-09 18:48 Mahesh Kelkar
From: Mahesh Kelkar @ 2010-08-09 18:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netdev

I tried configuring multipath Ipv6 route using "iproute2" tool and it failed:

> ip route add 143:2:3:4::/64 nexthop dev eth0
RTNETLINK answers: No such device

Same Command works for Ipv4. I looked into the source code and I don't
see support for RTA_MULTIPATH in IPV6 codebase.

I wonder if netlink configuration part is missing, or entire support
for multipath is missing. Is there any historical reason for not
supporting it?

Thanks
Mahesh

only message in thread, other threads:[~2010-08-09 18:48 UTC | newest]