* [ath9k-devel] PCIe card with AR9380/AR9390 chipset
@ 2011-01-25 17:14 Mihai Moldovan
From: Mihai Moldovan @ 2011-01-25 17:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

Hey all,

are there any PCIe cards with the Atheros AR9380 chipset available?

So far, I was just able to find a SparkLAN card
(http://www.sparklan.com/product.php?func=view&prod_id=181), which is
only available as a miniPCIe card. I know there are miniPCIe to PCIe
expansion cards, but that's the worst option I could think of, as there
is no easy way to fit antennas to the card and get them out of the
computer with those devices.

Same problem with AR9390 chipsets/cards. No PCIe version available out
there. Or maybe I just can't search correctly, who knows.

Btw: does master mode work reliably with AR9380/AR9390? This is crucial
to my use case.

Best regards,

Mihai

* [ath9k-devel] PCIe card with AR9380/AR9390 chipset
@ 2011-01-26 12:51 ` Mohammed Shafi
From: Mohammed Shafi @ 2011-01-26 12:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 10:44 PM, Mihai Moldovan <ionic@ionic.de> wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> are there any PCIe cards with the Atheros AR9380 chipset available?

may be this link might be more helpful
http://www.atheros.com/technology/technology.php?nav1=47&product=88

> So far, I was just able to find a SparkLAN card
> (http://www.sparklan.com/product.php?func=view&prod_id=181), which is only
> available as a miniPCIe card. I know there are miniPCIe to PCIe expansion
> cards, but that's the worst option I could think of, as there is no easy way
> to fit antennas to the card and get them out of the computer with those
> devices.
>
> Same problem with AR9390 chipsets/cards. No PCIe version available out
> there. Or maybe I just can't search correctly, who knows.
>
> Btw: does master mode work reliably with AR9380/AR9390? This is crucial to
> my use case.

Yes master mode works(you have to use hostapd).
Regarding reliable working I have not  really tested it.

@ 2011-01-26 14:59   ` Mihai Moldovan
From: Mihai Moldovan @ 2011-01-26 14:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

Hello Mohammed,

> may be this link might be more helpful
> http://www.atheros.com/technology/technology.php?nav1=47&product=88
I've seen and read this even before, however have been unable to find
any retailers with PCIe (read: not mini PCIe) cards with that chip. So
any suggestion would be golden.

> Yes master mode works(you have to use hostapd).
Been there... :)

> Regarding reliable working I have not  really tested it.
I guess I could spam the list, if it's not working. ;P

Best regards and thanks,

Mihai