* bluez with uclibc
@ 2010-05-31  4:39 arjun rath
From: arjun rath @ 2010-05-31  4:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-bluetooth

Hi,

Can somebody please tell how to cross compile bluez for arm with
uclibc library.with glib i am to cross compile but my whole
application and RFS is builded with uclibc so i need bluez with uclibc
compiled.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Arjun

* Re: Bluez with uclibc
@ 2013-07-09  8:37     ` Marcel Holtmann
From: Marcel Holtmann @ 2013-07-09  8:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julien COUVRAND; +Cc: linux-bluetooth

Hi Julien,

please do not top post on this mailing list.

> Sure.
> As soon as i compile Buildroot deactivating MMU dependencies into Config.in from bluez-utils package such as:
>
> --
> config BR2_PACKAGE_BLUEZ_UTILS
> 	bool "bluez-utils"
> 	depends on !BR2_avr32
> 	depends on BR2_USE_WCHAR # libglib2
> 	depends on BR2_TOOLCHAIN_HAS_THREADS # dbus, alsa-lib
> 	# depends on BR2_USE_MMU # dbus
> 	select BR2_PACKAGE_DBUS
> 	select BR2_PACKAGE_LIBGLIB2
> 	help
> 	  bluez utils
> --
>
> I have got following compilation errors:
>
> --
> ../dbus/.libs/libdbus-internal.a(libdbus_internal_la-dbus-sysdeps-util-unix.o): In function `_dbus_become_daemon':
> dbus-sysdeps-util-unix.c:(.text+0x530): undefined reference to `fork'
> ../dbus/.libs/libdbus-internal.a(libdbus_internal_la-dbus-spawn.o): In function `_dbus_spawn_async_with_babysitter':
> dbus-spawn.c:(.text+0xe38): undefined reference to `fork'
> dbus-spawn.c:(.text+0xea0): undefined reference to `fork'
> make[3]: *** [dbus-daemon] Error 1
> ../dbus/.libs/libdbus-internal.a(libdbus_internal_la-dbus-sysdeps-util-unix.o): In function `_dbus_become_daemon':
> dbus-sysdeps-util-unix.c:(.text+0x530): undefined reference to `fork'
> make[3]: *** [dbus-daemon-launch-helper] Error 1
> --
>
> So, currently, using uclibc for bluez, without MMU activation, I can't compile Buildroot due dBus and the "fork".

you might want to check with the D-Bus people since this is not a BlueZ issue.

Regards

Marcel

* RE: Bluez with uclibc
@ 2013-07-09  7:58   ` Julien COUVRAND
From: Julien COUVRAND @ 2013-07-09  7:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marcel Holtmann; +Cc: linux-bluetooth

Hi Marcel,

[...]

Julien

Julien COUVRAND
MOPI - 8540 SWPF Object Leader
---------

Mailto:=A0=A0=A0=A0 11 rue Pierre-Felix Delarue
=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 72100 Le Mans -=
=A0 FRANCE
Office:=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 +33 2 44 02 71 07
Mobile: =A0=A0 +33 6 03 49 09 04=20
Emailto :=A0=A0 julien.couvrand@stericsson.com
----------
This communication is confidential and intended solely for the addressee(s)=
. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. I=
f you believe this message has been sent to you in error, please notify the=
 sender by replying to this transmission and delete the message without dis=
closing it. Thank you.

E-mail including attachments is susceptible to data corruption, interceptio=
n, unauthorized amendment, tampering and viruses, and we only send and rece=
ive emails on the basis that we are not liable for any such corruption, int=
erception, amendment, tampering or viruses or any consequences thereof.

From: Rob Landley @ 2013-07-09  2:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lkml; +Cc: linux-kernel

On 07/08/2013 03:06:15 AM, lkml@serverphorums.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Today, I need to cross compile Bluez for arm with uclibc library into
> Buildroot environment.
> However, I meet some dependencies between bluez-utils package and MMU
> deactivation due to dBus.
>
> Do you know a way to use Bluez with uclibc library?

Dunno about buildroot, but if you just want to statically link
something against uClibc on arm, you could grab either the cross or
native "armv5l" compiler from

   http://landley.net/aboriginal/bin

and add its "bin" subdirectory to your $PATH. I just updated that
toolchain so it's using the 3.10 headers (yes, with the patch for
http://lkml.indiana.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/1305.2/01452.html the
kernel developers never did fix), and it's the last release version of
uClibc (from a year and change ago, but that's uClibc for you).

As for fixing dependencies beyond "building against uClibc", that's a
buildroot question. They have their own mailing list...

Rob

* Re: Bluez with uclibc
@ 2013-07-08 19:02 ` Marcel Holtmann
From: Marcel Holtmann @ 2013-07-08 19:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julien COUVRAND; +Cc: linux-bluetooth

Hi Julien,

> Today, I need to cross compile Bluez for arm with uclibc library into Buildroot environment.
> However, I meet some dependencies between bluez-utils package and MMU deactivation due to dBus.
>
> Do you know a way to use Bluez with uclibc library?

you need to be more specific. I know from projects successfully building BlueZ with uclibc in the past, but I am not doing such thing on a daily basis. So things might have changed. What are the logs or errors you see?

Regards

Marcel

* Bluez with uclibc
@ 2013-07-08  8:06 lkml
From: lkml @ 2013-07-08  8:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hi,

Today, I need to cross compile Bluez for arm with uclibc library into Buildroot environment.
However, I meet some dependencies between bluez-utils package and MMU deactivation due to dBus.

Do you know a way to use Bluez with uclibc library?

Thanks in advance

Regards

---
posted at http://www.serverphorums.com