* xen4.0.0 64 bit boot "panic on cpu 0, crc errror"
@ 2010-05-19  7:19 lei yang
From: lei yang @ 2010-05-19  7:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi experts,

I boot the xen4.0.0 with gpxe and boot xen 32 bit works well

but when I try boot xen 64 bit, the error happens

(XEN)Brought up 16 cpus
(XEN) *** LOADING DOMAIN 0 ***
(XEN) ****************************************
(XEN) Panic on CPU 0:
(XEN) crc error
(XEN) ****************************************

Can you give me a light?

Thanks
Lei

--
"We learn from failure, not from success!"

* Re: xen4.0.0 64 bit boot "panic on cpu 0, crc errror"
@ 2010-05-19  8:01 ` Keir Fraser
From: Keir Fraser @ 2010-05-19  8:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lei yang, xen-devel

On 19/05/2010 08:19, "lei yang" <yanglei.fage@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi experts,
>
> I boot the xen4.0.0 with gpxe and boot xen 32 bit works well
>
> but when I try boot xen 64 bit, the error happens

Have you booted this particular dom0 kernel image successfully on any other
version of Xen and/or any other machine? The failure is because Xen failed
to decompress the kernel image. That could be because of a bad image, or a
bug in Xen's decompressor, or even because Xen managed to corrupt the image
in memory before it got round to decompressing it. It would be nice to at
least discount the possibility of it being merely a bad image.

 -- Keir

@ 2010-05-19  8:16   ` lei yang
From: lei yang @ 2010-05-19  8:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Keir Fraser; +Cc: xen-devel

Hi keir,

Thanks for your input

I just run xen-4.0.0 wit gpxe
and if I compile xen with 32 bit, it works well and if i build it with 64
bit (you can read yesterday email "How to build a 64 bit xen" ), the error
happened

and Then I change a machine to boot it with grub,    it(64 bit) works well

any idea?

Lei

--

@ 2010-05-19  8:36     ` Keir Fraser
From: Keir Fraser @ 2010-05-19  8:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lei yang; +Cc: xen-devel

Have you tried pxelinux? I'm not sure how much testing has been done with
gpxe as bootloader. I expect gpxe lays things out in a way we haven't tested
and allowed for.

 K.

@ 2010-05-19  8:40       ` lei yang
From: lei yang @ 2010-05-19  8:40 UTC (permalink / raw)