* [ath9k-devel] Lots of dma errors and failure to reset.
@ 2011-02-03  4:58 Ben Greear
From: Ben Greear @ 2011-02-03  4:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

Just logged in to the serial console and found these lovelies....

ath: Failed to stop TX DMA!
ath: DMA failed to stop in 10 ms AR_CR=0xdeadbeef AR_DIAG_SW=0xdeadbeef
ath: Could not stop RX, we could be confusing the DMA engine when we start RX up
ath: Chip reset failed
ath: Unable to reset channel (5825 MHz), reset status -22
ath: Unable to set channel
ath: Failed to stop TX DMA in 100 msec after killing last frame
ath: Failed to stop TX DMA in 100 msec after killing last frame
ath: Failed to stop TX DMA in 100 msec after killing last frame
ath: Failed to stop TX DMA in 100 msec after killing last frame
ath: Failed to stop TX DMA in 100 msec after killing last frame
ath: Failed to stop TX DMA in 100 msec after killing last frame
ath: Failed to stop TX DMA!
ath: DMA failed to stop in 10 ms AR_CR=0xdeadbeef AR_DIAG_SW=0xdeadbeef
ath: Could not stop RX, we could be confusing the DMA engine when we start RX up
ath: Chip reset failed
ath: Unable to reset channel (2462 MHz), reset status -22

--
Ben Greear <greearb@candelatech.com>

* [ath9k-devel] Lots of dma errors and failure to reset.
@ 2011-02-03  6:25 ` Mohammed Shafi
From: Mohammed Shafi @ 2011-02-03  6:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 10:28 AM, Ben Greear <greearb@candelatech.com> wrote:
> Just logged in to the serial console and found these lovelies....
>
> ath: Failed to stop TX DMA!
> ath: DMA failed to stop in 10 ms AR_CR=0xdeadbeef AR_DIAG_SW=0xdeadbeef
> ath: Could not stop RX, we could be confusing the DMA engine when we start RX up
> ath: Chip reset failed
> ath: Unable to reset channel (5825 MHz), reset status -22
> ath: Unable to set channel
> ath: Failed to stop TX DMA in 100 msec after killing last frame
> ath: Failed to stop TX DMA in 100 msec after killing last frame
> ath: Failed to stop TX DMA in 100 msec after killing last frame
> ath: Failed to stop TX DMA in 100 msec after killing last frame
> ath: Failed to stop TX DMA in 100 msec after killing last frame
> ath: Failed to stop TX DMA in 100 msec after killing last frame
> ath: Failed to stop TX DMA!
> ath: DMA failed to stop in 10 ms AR_CR=0xdeadbeef AR_DIAG_SW=0xdeadbeef
> ath: Could not stop RX, we could be confusing the DMA engine when we start RX up
> ath: Chip reset failed
> ath: Unable to reset channel (2462 MHz), reset status -22
> ath: Unable to set channel
> ath: Failed to stop TX DMA in 100 msec after killing last frame
> ath: Failed to stop TX DMA in 100 msec after killing last frame
> ath: Failed to stop TX DMA in 100 msec after killing last frame
> ath: Failed to stop TX DMA in 100 msec after killing last frame
> ath: Failed to stop TX DMA in 100 msec after killing last frame
> ath: Failed to stop TX DMA in 100 msec after killing last frame
> ath: Failed to stop TX DMA!
> ath: DMA failed to stop in 10 ms AR_CR=0xdeadbeef AR_DIAG_SW=0xdeadbeef
> ath: Could not stop RX, we could be confusing the DMA engine when we start RX up
> ath: Chip reset failed
> ath: Unable to reset channel (2462 MHz), reset status -22
>

> --

I have seen these messages in HB125 (but not frequently)..once  during
scanning...can you please mention what card you are using