* Asterisk and termcap
@ 2010-09-06 15:15 Arigead
From: Arigead @ 2010-09-06 15:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

was trying to build Asterisk for the OpenMoko Free runner and it failed
on a dependency on termcap so I tried to bitbake termcap first and that
failed. The termcap compile stage is working but it's when it tries to
install that the recipe seems to fail but I'm new to this.

I'm off to read the openembedded documentation again but in the mean
time if anybody can give me a hit that would be great.

* Re: Asterisk and termcap
@ 2010-09-09  1:33 ` Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli
From: Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli @ 2010-09-09  1:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

On Mon, 2010-09-06 at 16:15 +0100, Arigead wrote:
> was trying to build Asterisk for the OpenMoko Free runner and it failed
> on a dependency on termcap so I tried to bitbake termcap first and that
> failed. The termcap compile stage is working but it's when it tries to
> install that the recipe seems to fail but I'm new to this.
>
> I'm off to read the openembedded documentation again but in the mean
> time if anybody can give me a hit that would be great.
We can't help you if you don't post some logs or console output.
Copy-pasting the part where it fails, if it's small, could be enough for
a start.
Denis.

* Re: Asterisk and termcap
@ 2010-09-09  6:20   ` Frans Meulenbroeks
From: Frans Meulenbroeks @ 2010-09-09  6:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

2010/9/9 Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli <GNUtoo@no-log.org>:
> On Mon, 2010-09-06 at 16:15 +0100, Arigead wrote:
>> was trying to build Asterisk for the OpenMoko Free runner and it failed
>> on a dependency on termcap so I tried to bitbake termcap first and that
>> failed. The termcap compile stage is working but it's when it tries to
>> install that the recipe seems to fail but I'm new to this.
>>
>> I'm off to read the openembedded documentation again but in the mean
>> time if anybody can give me a hit that would be great.
> We can't help you if you don't post some logs or console output.
> Copy-pasting the part where it fails, if it's small, could be enough for
> a start.
> Denis.

Denis, the message from Arigead is 3 days old and has already been dealt with.
There is a patch for asterisk from Eric that makes it build fine for me.

Frans.

* Re: Asterisk and termcap
@ 2010-09-09 13:57     ` Arigead
From: Arigead @ 2010-09-09 13:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

Frans Meulenbroeks wrote:
> 2010/9/9 Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli <GNUtoo@no-log.org>:
>> On Mon, 2010-09-06 at 16:15 +0100, Arigead wrote:
>>> was trying to build Asterisk for the OpenMoko Free runner and it failed
>>> on a dependency on termcap so I tried to bitbake termcap first and that
>>> failed. The termcap compile stage is working but it's when it tries to
>>> install that the recipe seems to fail but I'm new to this.
>>>
>>> I'm off to read the openembedded documentation again but in the mean
>>> time if anybody can give me a hit that would be great.
>> We can't help you if you don't post some logs or console output.
>> Copy-pasting the part where it fails, if it's small, could be enough for
>> a start.
>> Denis.
>>

> Denis, the message from Arigead is 3 days old and has already been dealt with.
> There is a patch for asterisk from Eric that makes it build fine for me.
>
> Frans.

Yes sorry if my original post was too vague, but it was a known issue at
the time anyhow. As Frans says the patch was added and is in the feeds
and Asterisk is now building for my target device. Thanks for you help
and pointing out where the problem was.

* Re: Asterisk and termcap
@ 2010-09-09 14:05       ` Eric Bénard
From: Eric Bénard @ 2010-09-09 14:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

Le 09/09/2010 15:57, Arigead a écrit :
> Frans Meulenbroeks wrote:

>>> We can't help you if you don't post some logs or console output.
>>> Copy-pasting the part where it fails, if it's small, could be enough for
>>> a start.
>>> Denis.
>>>

>> Denis, the message from Arigead is 3 days old and has already been dealt with.
>> There is a patch for asterisk from Eric that makes it build fine for me.
>>
>> Frans.
>>

> Yes sorry if my original post was too vague, but it was a known issue at
> the time anyhow. As Frans says the patch was added and is in the feeds
> and Asterisk is now building for my target device. Thanks for you help
> and pointing out where the problem was.

OK so it means the patch solves your problem. Does asterisk runs fine on
the target ?

Eric

* Re: Asterisk and termcap
@ 2010-09-09 14:10         ` Arigead
From: Arigead @ 2010-09-09 14:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

Eric Bénard wrote:
> Le 09/09/2010 15:57, Arigead a écrit :
>> Frans Meulenbroeks wrote:

>>> Denis, the message from Arigead is 3 days old and has already been
>>> dealt with.
>>> There is a patch for asterisk from Eric that makes it build fine for me.
>>>
>>> Frans.
>>>

>> Yes sorry if my original post was too vague, but it was a known issue at
>> the time anyhow. As Frans says the patch was added and is in the feeds
>> and Asterisk is now building for my target device. Thanks for you help
>> and pointing out where the problem was.
>>
> OK so it means the patch solves your problem. Does asterisk runs fine on
> the target ?
>
> Eric

Sorry I'll have to get back to you on that one. I left my OpenMoko (The
Target) at home this morning so can't install the ipk :-(

Actually thinking about it I'd not be too sure if Asterisk was ever
running fine on a mobile phone. Simply wanted to play with it and see
what it could do. There is an OpenMoko wiki page on messing with it so
thought I'd have a look.

Anyhow I'll get back to you when I test it later today or tomorrow if
that's any help.

* Re: Asterisk and termcap
@ 2010-09-09 14:15           ` Eric Bénard
From: Eric Bénard @ 2010-09-09 14:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

Le 09/09/2010 16:10, Arigead a écrit :
> Sorry I'll have to get back to you on that one. I left my OpenMoko (The
> Target) at home this morning so can't install the ipk :-(
>
> Actually thinking about it I'd not be too sure if Asterisk was ever
> running fine on a mobile phone. Simply wanted to play with it and see
> what it could do. There is an OpenMoko wiki page on messing with it so
> thought I'd have a look.
>
> Anyhow I'll get back to you when I test it later today or tomorrow if
> that's any help.

thanks, before pushing it it would be great if you could test it runs
fine with the fix.

Eric

* Re: Asterisk and termcap
@ 2010-09-11 22:25     ` Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli
From: Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli @ 2010-09-11 22:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

On Thu, 2010-09-09 at 08:20 +0200, Frans Meulenbroeks wrote:
> 2010/9/9 Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli <GNUtoo@no-log.org>:
> > On Mon, 2010-09-06 at 16:15 +0100, Arigead wrote:
> >> was trying to build Asterisk for the OpenMoko Free runner and it failed
> >> on a dependency on termcap so I tried to bitbake termcap first and that
> >> failed. The termcap compile stage is working but it's when it tries to
> >> install that the recipe seems to fail but I'm new to this.
> >>
> >> I'm off to read the openembedded documentation again but in the mean
> >> time if anybody can give me a hit that would be great.
> > We can't help you if you don't post some logs or console output.
> > Copy-pasting the part where it fails, if it's small, could be enough for
> > a start.
> > Denis.
> >

> Denis, the message from Arigead is 3 days old and has already been dealt with.
> There is a patch for asterisk from Eric that makes it build fine for me.
>
> Frans.
I saw that later, sorry
I'm dealing with tons of mails because I kept the number of mails
growing during the hollidays.
Sorry.
Denis.

* Re: Asterisk and termcap
@ 2010-09-13 15:21             ` Arigead
From: Arigead @ 2010-09-13 15:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

Eric Bénard wrote:
> Le 09/09/2010 16:10, Arigead a écrit :
>> Sorry I'll have to get back to you on that one. I left my OpenMoko (The
>> Target) at home this morning so can't install the ipk :-(
>>
>> Actually thinking about it I'd not be too sure if Asterisk was ever
>> running fine on a mobile phone. Simply wanted to play with it and see
>> what it could do. There is an OpenMoko wiki page on messing with it so
>> thought I'd have a look.
>>
>> Anyhow I'll get back to you when I test it later today or tomorrow if
>> that's any help.
>>
> thanks, before pushing it it would be great if you could test it runs
> fine with the fix.
>
> Eric

Asterisk builds and runs fine, but there is one minor problem. I don't
think that it's to do with the recipe but Asterisk itself.

Basically when I try to run asterisk its failing on:

Unable to open pid file '/var/run/asterisk/asterisk.pid': No such file
or directory

Normally I'd expect the pid file to be saved directly into
"/var/run/asterisk.pid" but asterisk seems to expect another directory.
If I create the directory /var/run/asterisk then all works fine.

Like I say that's not a problem with the recipe, well I'm no expert but
/var is a temp directory so it gets created on boot, so there's no way a
recipe should install there?

* Re: Asterisk and termcap
@ 2010-09-13 16:22               ` Frans Meulenbroeks
From: Frans Meulenbroeks @ 2010-09-13 16:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

2010/9/13 Arigead <captain.deadly@gmail.com>:
> Eric Bénard wrote:
>> Le 09/09/2010 16:10, Arigead a écrit :
>>> Sorry I'll have to get back to you on that one. I left my OpenMoko (The
>>> Target) at home this morning so can't install the ipk :-(
>>>
>>> Actually thinking about it I'd not be too sure if Asterisk was ever
>>> running fine on a mobile phone. Simply wanted to play with it and see
>>> what it could do. There is an OpenMoko wiki page on messing with it so
>>> thought I'd have a look.
>>>
>>> Anyhow I'll get back to you when I test it later today or tomorrow if
>>> that's any help.
>>>
>> thanks, before pushing it it would be great if you could test it runs
>> fine with the fix.
>>
>> Eric
>>

> Asterisk builds and runs fine, but there is one minor problem. I don't
> think that it's to do with the recipe but Asterisk itself.
>
> Basically when I try to run asterisk its failing on:
>
> Unable to open pid file '/var/run/asterisk/asterisk.pid': No such file
> or directory
>
> Normally I'd expect the pid file to be saved directly into
> "/var/run/asterisk.pid" but asterisk seems to expect another directory.
> If I create the directory /var/run/asterisk then all works fine.
>
> Like I say that's not a problem with the recipe, well I'm no expert but
> /var is a temp directory so it gets created on boot, so there's no way a
> recipe should install there?

Arigaed, thanks for your report!

Either we can create the dir in the recipe (in do_install) or maybe we
can configure it.

Eric, can you peek into that (and if not, can you push your patch so I
can pick this up.

* Re: Asterisk and termcap
@ 2010-09-13 17:17                 ` Henning Heinold
From: Henning Heinold @ 2010-09-13 17:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 06:22:38PM +0200, Frans Meulenbroeks wrote:
> Arigaed, thanks for your report!
>
> Either we can create the dir in the recipe (in do_install) or maybe we
> can configure it.
>
> Eric, can you peek into that (and if not, can you push your patch so I
> can pick this up.

Hi,

consider /var/run as tmpfs so we need the directory creation inside the
startup script.

Bye Henning

* Re: Asterisk and termcap
@ 2010-09-13 17:41                 ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2010-09-13 17:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

On 09/13/2010 10:22 AM, Frans Meulenbroeks wrote:
> 2010/9/13 Arigead<captain.deadly@gmail.com>:
>> Eric Bénard wrote:

>>> thanks, before pushing it it would be great if you could test it runs
>>> fine with the fix.
>>>
>>> Eric
>>>

>> Asterisk builds and runs fine, but there is one minor problem. I don't
>> think that it's to do with the recipe but Asterisk itself.
>>
>> Basically when I try to run asterisk its failing on:
>>
>> Unable to open pid file '/var/run/asterisk/asterisk.pid': No such file
>> or directory
>>
>> Normally I'd expect the pid file to be saved directly into
>> "/var/run/asterisk.pid" but asterisk seems to expect another directory.
>> If I create the directory /var/run/asterisk then all works fine.
>>
>> Like I say that's not a problem with the recipe, well I'm no expert but
>> /var is a temp directory so it gets created on boot, so there's no way a
>> recipe should install there?
>>

> Arigaed, thanks for your report!
>
> Either we can create the dir in the recipe (in do_install) or maybe we
> can configure it.
>
> Eric, can you peek into that (and if not, can you push your patch so I
> can pick this up.

Shouldn't the init script populate-volatiles.sh be handling this?