* Requested features for next merge on s5pc110
@ 2010-07-08  3:05 Kyungmin Park
From: Kyungmin Park @ 2010-07-08  3:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-samsung-soc, Kukjin Kim, Ben Dooks, Marek Szyprowski

Hi Kukjin,

Before next merge window, I hope these features will be included.
If your team is done already, please reply it. If not, our team will do it.

1. High-resolution timer using timer 4 and systimer.
    other timer 1, 2, 3, is used

2. Basic suspend & resume feature.
    No clock gating, and cpufreq. Of course I hope it's included.

3. Aquila & goni board support.
    If possible all feature are included at current maineline kernel
implemented.

If I'm missing one features, please let me know,

Give your opinions.

Thank you,
Kyungmin Park

* Re: Requested features for next merge on s5pc110
@ 2010-07-08  3:39 ` Jassi Brar
From: Jassi Brar @ 2010-07-08  3:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kyungmin Park
  Cc: linux-samsung-soc, Kukjin Kim, Ben Dooks, Marek Szyprowski,
	함명주,
	Joonyoung Shim, Iqbal, Singh Madhav

On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 12:05 PM, Kyungmin Park <kmpark@infradead.org> wrote:

> 3. Aquila & goni board support.
>    If possible all feature are included at current maineline kernel
> implemented.

Without doubt it's pleasing to see so many people involved pushing support
for Samsung's SoCs and machines based upon them.
But it might be worthwhile to rethink if support for such
'not-so-popular' machines
and 'transient' socs is necessary or even useful ?

* Re: Requested features for next merge on s5pc110
@ 2010-07-08  3:59   ` Kyungmin Park
From: Kyungmin Park @ 2010-07-08  3:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jassi Brar
  Cc: linux-samsung-soc, Kukjin Kim, Ben Dooks, Marek Szyprowski,

On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 12:39 PM, Jassi Brar <jassisinghbrar@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 12:05 PM, Kyungmin Park <kmpark@infradead.org> wrote:
>
>> 3. Aquila & goni board support.
>>    If possible all feature are included at current maineline kernel
>> implemented.
>
> Without doubt it's pleasing to see so many people involved pushing support
> for Samsung's SoCs and machines based upon them.
> But it might be worthwhile to rethink if support for such
> 'not-so-popular' machines
> and 'transient' socs is necessary or even useful ?

It depends on the point of view.

Even though it's not sold from marker, others will be used. e.g., Limo.
We are planing to distribute mobile reference board to developer and
community that's reason to enable it at mainline.

Of course the best is sell the reference board from LSI like beagle
board from TI or other company.
you can enable these at smdk board.

I also want to know that which name of either s5pv210 or s5pc110 is
popular at outside? I think latter is well known since galaxy S and
wave phone uses it.

Anyway I hope to use mainline kernel as base kernel at our board.

To Jassi,

Can you post the sound related patches such as I2S?

@ 2010-07-09  1:43 ` Kukjin Kim
From: Kukjin Kim @ 2010-07-09  1:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Kyungmin Park', linux-samsung-soc, 'Ben Dooks',
	'Marek Szyprowski'

Kyungmin Park wrote:

> Hi Kukjin,

Hi,

> Before next merge window, I hope these features will be included.
> If your team is done already, please reply it. If not, our team will do
it.

> 1. High-resolution timer using timer 4 and systimer.
>     other timer 1, 2, 3, is used

HR-Timer patch for S5P SoCs will be submitted in a few days. And maybe used
2 PWM Timers because S5P6440 does not have System Timer.

Also, will be submitted specific SoC support HR-Timer together..but I'm not
sure whether used timer4 and systimer.

> 2. Basic suspend & resume feature.
>     No clock gating, and cpufreq. Of course I hope it's included.

Now preparing re-submit..so maybe can be submitted soon.

> 3. Aquila & goni board support.
>     If possible all feature are included at current maineline kernel
> implemented.
>
> If I'm missing one features, please let me know,
>
> Give your opinions.

Need to sort out items for merge window..and will inform soon.

Thanks.

Best regards,
Kgene.
--
Kukjin Kim <kgene.kim@samsung.com>, Senior Engineer,
SW Solution Development Team, Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.

* Re: Requested features for next merge on s5pc110
@ 2010-07-09  1:57   ` Kyungmin Park
From: Kyungmin Park @ 2010-07-09  1:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kukjin Kim
  Cc: linux-samsung-soc, Ben Dooks, Marek Szyprowski,

2010/7/9 Kukjin Kim <kgene.kim@samsung.com>:
> Kyungmin Park wrote:
>>
>> Hi Kukjin,
>>
> Hi,
>
>> Before next merge window, I hope these features will be included.
>> If your team is done already, please reply it. If not, our team will do
> it.
>>
>> 1. High-resolution timer using timer 4 and systimer.
>>     other timer 1, 2, 3, is used
>
> HR-Timer patch for S5P SoCs will be submitted in a few days. And maybe used
> 2 PWM Timers because S5P6440 does not have System Timer.
>
> Also, will be submitted specific SoC support HR-Timer together..but I'm not
> sure whether used timer4 and systimer.

Then make it configurable, In case of s5pc110, LSI guided to use the
RTC and systimer for deep sleep.
We will prepare it.

>> 2. Basic suspend & resume feature.
>>     No clock gating, and cpufreq. Of course I hope it's included.
>>
> Now preparing re-submit..so maybe can be submitted soon.

Please see the Mr. Ham patch also.