* eng_timeout ?
@ 2010-06-07 19:53 Aaron Pace
From: Aaron Pace @ 2010-06-07 19:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-ide

Hello,

ATA/IDE/SCSI is not my forte, however, I've run into what I think may
be a bug in the latest 2.6.32 stable (2.6.32.15 to be precise).   I
took the briefest of looks, and this appears to also exist in
linux-next.

In the definition of ata_port_operations in libata.h are two items
preceded by a comment 'Obsolete'.  These two items are phy_reset and
eng_timeout.
I did a symbol search through the kernel, and the only other place
that eng_timeout is mentioned is when it is called, unchecked in an
error condition in ata_scsi_error.
I hit this and had an OOPS.
Is this a leftover relic of some previous work, or (as is often the
case) am I missing something obvious?

Thanks,
Aaron

only message in thread, other threads:[~2010-06-07 19:54 UTC | newest]