* [Qemu-devel] Stable patch tracking
@ 2010-09-07 18:24 Anthony Liguori
From: Anthony Liguori @ 2010-09-07 18:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: qemu-devel

A lot of folks tend to reply to patches and suggest them for stable
which is certainly appreciated but is very difficult for me to track
reliably.

So here's another way to nominate a patch for inclusion in -stable:

http://wiki.qemu.org/Releases/0.13.0

Just copy/paste the template and fill out with the appropriate details.

Thanks!

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

* Re: [Qemu-devel] Stable patch tracking
@ 2010-09-12 10:08 ` Avi Kivity
From: Avi Kivity @ 2010-09-12 10:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Anthony Liguori; +Cc: qemu-devel

  On 09/07/2010 09:24 PM, Anthony Liguori wrote:
> A lot of folks tend to reply to patches and suggest them for stable
> which is certainly appreciated but is very difficult for me to track
> reliably.
>
> So here's another way to nominate a patch for inclusion in -stable:
>
> http://wiki.qemu.org/Releases/0.13.0
>
> Just copy/paste the template and fill out with the appropriate details.

Can the captcha for logged in users be removed?

* Re: [Qemu-devel] Stable patch tracking
@ 2010-09-12 13:04   ` Anthony Liguori
From: Anthony Liguori @ 2010-09-12 13:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Avi Kivity; +Cc: qemu-devel

On 09/12/2010 05:08 AM, Avi Kivity wrote:
>  On 09/07/2010 09:24 PM, Anthony Liguori wrote:
>> A lot of folks tend to reply to patches and suggest them for stable
>> which is certainly appreciated but is very difficult for me to track
>> reliably.
>>
>> So here's another way to nominate a patch for inclusion in -stable:
>>
>> http://wiki.qemu.org/Releases/0.13.0
>>
>> Just copy/paste the template and fill out with the appropriate details.
>
> Can the captcha for logged in users be removed?

Can you be more specific about what you're seeing?

There should only be a captcha for creating an account.  I've never seen
it since I created my account.

@ 2010-09-12 13:42     ` Avi Kivity
From: Avi Kivity @ 2010-09-12 13:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Anthony Liguori; +Cc: qemu-devel

  On 09/12/2010 03:04 PM, Anthony Liguori wrote:
>> Can the captcha for logged in users be removed?
>

> Can you be more specific about what you're seeing?
>
> There should only be a captcha for creating an account.  I've never
> seen it since I created my account.

I updated the page (logged in as avi) and it asked me for a captcha.  I
don't recall anything else.

* Re: [Qemu-devel] Stable patch tracking
@ 2010-09-12 14:02       ` Avi Kivity
From: Avi Kivity @ 2010-09-12 14:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Anthony Liguori; +Cc: qemu-devel

  On 09/12/2010 03:42 PM, Avi Kivity wrote:
>  On 09/12/2010 03:04 PM, Anthony Liguori wrote:
>>> Can the captcha for logged in users be removed?
>>

>> Can you be more specific about what you're seeing?
>>
>> There should only be a captcha for creating an account.  I've never
>> seen it since I created my account.
>>

> I updated the page (logged in as avi) and it asked me for a captcha.
> I don't recall anything else.

I did another edit (to my user page) and it didn't this time.  Maybe it
only happens on the first edit?

* Re: [Qemu-devel] Stable patch tracking
@ 2010-09-12 15:14       ` Anthony Liguori
From: Anthony Liguori @ 2010-09-12 15:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Avi Kivity; +Cc: qemu-devel

On 09/12/2010 08:42 AM, Avi Kivity wrote:
>  On 09/12/2010 03:04 PM, Anthony Liguori wrote:
>>> Can the captcha for logged in users be removed?
>>

>> Can you be more specific about what you're seeing?
>>
>> There should only be a captcha for creating an account.  I've never
>> seen it since I created my account.
>>

> I updated the page (logged in as avi) and it asked me for a captcha.
> I don't recall anything else.

I assume it was something weird with cookies and/or browser caching.
Let me know if it happens again.  Edits by anonymous users require
captcha to prevent spam so something probably thought you were still an
anonymous user even though you had logged in.

@ 2010-09-13 20:39         ` Miguel Di Ciurcio Filho
From: Miguel Di Ciurcio Filho @ 2010-09-13 20:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Avi Kivity; +Cc: qemu-devel

On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 11:02 AM, Avi Kivity <avi@redhat.com> wrote:

>>> Can you be more specific about what you're seeing?
>>>
>>> There should only be a captcha for creating an account.  I've never seen
>>> it since I created my account.
>>>

>> I updated the page (logged in as avi) and it asked me for a captcha.  I
>> don't recall anything else.
>>

> I did another edit (to my user page) and it didn't this time.  Maybe it only
> happens on the first edit?

IIRC, If there is any new link in your edit then the captcha appears.

Miguel

* Re: [Qemu-devel] Stable patch tracking
@ 2010-09-14  9:33           ` Avi Kivity
From: Avi Kivity @ 2010-09-14  9:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Miguel Di Ciurcio Filho; +Cc: qemu-devel

  On 09/13/2010 10:39 PM, Miguel Di Ciurcio Filho wrote:

> >  I did another edit (to my user page) and it didn't this time.  Maybe it only
> >  happens on the first edit?
> >

> IIRC, If there is any new link in your edit then the captcha appears.

That makes some sense, actually.  It's annoying but not as much as spam.