* How to know when any process is trying to establish an internet connection?
@ 2011-01-01 10:55 Arreche
From: Arreche @ 2011-01-01 10:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

Hi,

I have multiple network interfaces(Ethernet, GPRS and Modem). Is possible to
setup them on demand? And to block a process until It gets connection by any
interface?

Thanks.

--
.
-------------- next part --------------

* How to know when any process is trying to establish an internet connection?
@ 2011-01-01 11:55 ` Mulyadi Santosa
From: Mulyadi Santosa @ 2011-01-01 11:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

On 01/01/2011, Arreche <arreche@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have multiple network interfaces(Ethernet, GPRS and Modem). Is possible to
> setup them on demand? And to block a process until It gets connection by any
> interface?

You mean, like dial up on deman back to old days? Sounds like the job
for NetworkManager to me...plus PolicyKit or something. But I am not
so sure abou it.

--
regards,

Mulyadi Santosa
Freelance Linux trainer and consultant

blog: the-hydra.blogspot.com
training: mulyaditraining.blogspot.com

* How to know when any process is trying to establish an internet connection?
@ 2011-01-01 12:49   ` Arreche
From: Arreche @ 2011-01-01 12:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

I mean to alternate between the interfaces until the connection could be
established. I think NetworkManager don't have this behaviour.

@ 2011-01-01 14:28     ` YOUNGWHAN SONG
From: YOUNGWHAN SONG @ 2011-01-01 14:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

Hi,

On Jan 1, 2011, at 4:49 AM, Arreche wrote:

> I mean to alternate between the interfaces until the connection could be established. I think NetworkManager don't have this behaviour.

Can it be achieved by NetFilter?