* [LTP] networkstress tests
@ 2010-11-26  9:00 ARJIT SHARMA
From: ARJIT SHARMA @ 2010-11-26  9:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Garrett Cooper, hannuxx, Serge E. Hallyn, ltp-list; +Cc: ajay.khandelwal

      I was trying to run network stress tests on my side, but none of them
is passing.

      it is not able to find the harware address at remote host, altough the
settings and configurations are as required and as mentioned in README and
INSTALL files.

      So can u please tell me that whether these stress tests are meant to
be run on embedded boards, do they always cause problems, if u have executed
them?

--
Best Regards,
Arjit Sharma

http://p.sf.net/sfu/intelisp-dev2dev

* Re: [LTP] networkstress tests
@ 2010-11-29 13:37 ` Serge E. Hallyn
From: Serge E. Hallyn @ 2010-11-29 13:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ARJIT SHARMA; +Cc: ajay.khandelwal, hannuxx, ltp-list

Quoting ARJIT SHARMA (joyarjit@gmail.com):
>  Hi,
>
>       I was trying to run network stress tests on my side, but none of them
> is passing.
>
>       it is not able to find the harware address at remote host, altough the
> settings and configurations are as required and as mentioned in README and
> INSTALL files.
>
>       So can u please tell me that whether these stress tests are meant to
> be run on embedded boards, do they always cause problems, if u have executed
> them?

Which tests exactly are failing?  (You say network stress tests, but cc:d
me implying you meant netns netsts)  Can you send us the relevant logs?

* Re: [LTP] networkstress tests
@ 2010-11-30  5:33   ` ARJIT SHARMA
From: ARJIT SHARMA @ 2010-11-30  5:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Serge E. Hallyn, ltp-list, Garrett Cooper; +Cc: ajay.khandelwal

[-- Attachment #1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 11124 bytes --]

Actually Network related tests are failing, like :--

network_stress.broken_ip

network_stress.icmp

network_stress.interface

network_stress.multicast

network_stress.tcp

here I am sending you the log of "network_stress.broken.ip" testcase...
similar error is come in all the above mentioned tests
"TBROK: Failed to get the interface name at the remote host.".

INFO: creating /opt/ltp/results directory
If some fields are empty or look unusual you may have an old version.
Compare to the current minimal requirements in Documentation/Changes.

STMicroelectronics Base Distribution 2.4
Linux 192.168.1.10 2.6.32 #2 SMP Tue Oct 19 17:34:35 IST 2010 armv7l unknown
unknown GNU/Linux

Gnu C                  gcc (GCC) 4.5.0
Gnu make               3.81
util-linux             ng 2.16.1)
mount                  ng 2.16.1 (with libblkid support)
modutils               3.1
e2fsprogs              1.41.9
PPP                    2.4.4
Linux C Library        2.10.1
Dynamic linker (ldd)   2.10.1
Linux C++ Library      6.0.14
Procps                 3.2.7
Net-tools              1.60
iproute2              iproute2-ss100224
Console-tools          0.2.3
Sh-utils               5.2.1
Modules Loaded
free reports:
Mem:        255368      20632     234736          0          0      10948
-/+ buffers/cache:       9684     245684
Swap:            0          0          0
/proc/cpuinfo
Processor : ARMv7 Processor rev 1 (v7l)
processor : 0
BogoMIPS : 996.14
processor : 1
BogoMIPS : 996.14
Features : swp half thumb fastmult vfp edsp vfpv3 vfpv3d16
CPU implementer : 0x41
CPU architecture: 7
CPU variant : 0x1
CPU part : 0xc09
CPU revision : 1
Hardware : ST-SPEAR1310-EVB
Revision : 0000
Serial  : 0000000000000000
remove test cases which require the block device.
You can specify it with option -b
COMMAND:    /opt/ltp/bin/ltp-pan  -e -S   -a 1241     -n 1241  -p  -f
/tmp/ltp-HcxbKw1247/alltests -l
/opt/ltp/results/network_stress.broken_ip.result  -C
/opt/ltp/output/LTP_RUN_ON-network_stress.broken_ip.result.failed
LOG File: /opt/ltp/results/network_stress.broken_ip.result
FAILED COMMAND File:
/opt/ltp/output/LTP_RUN_ON-network_stress.broken_ip.result.failed
Running tests.......
<<<test_start>>>
tag=broken_ip4-version stime=278
cmdline="broken_ip4-version"
contacts=""
analysis=exit
<<<test_output>>>
broken_ip4-version01    0  TINFO  :  Verify that the kernel is not crashed
with receiving a large number of IPv4 packets that have wrong value in
version field.
broken_ip4-version01    0  TINFO  :  - Test duration is 3600 [sec]
cut: option requires an argument -- 'f'
Try `cut --help' for more information.
HWaddr list () is something wrong.
broken_ip4-version01    1  TBROK  :  Failed to get the interface name at the
remote host
<<<execution_status>>>
initiation_status="ok"
duration=1 termination_type=exited termination_id=1 corefile=no
cutime=8 cstime=19
<<<test_end>>>
<<<test_start>>>
tag=broken_ip4-ihl stime=279
cmdline="broken_ip4-ihl"
contacts=""
analysis=exit
<<<test_output>>>
broken_ip4-ihl01    0  TINFO  :  Verify that the kernel is not crashed with
receiving a large number of IPv4 packets that have wrong value in the header
length field.
broken_ip4-ihl01    0  TINFO  :  - Test duration is 3600 [sec]
cut: option requires an argument -- 'f'
Try `cut --help' for more information.
HWaddr list () is something wrong.
broken_ip4-ihl01    1  TBROK  :  Failed to get the interface name at the
remote host
<<<execution_status>>>
initiation_status="ok"
duration=0 termination_type=exited termination_id=1 corefile=no
cutime=11 cstime=21
<<<test_end>>>
<<<test_start>>>
tag=broken_ip4-totlen stime=279
cmdline="broken_ip4-totlen"
contacts=""
analysis=exit
<<<test_output>>>
broken_ip4-totlen01    0  TINFO  :  Verify that the kernel is not crashed
with receiving a large number of IPv4 packets that have wrong value in the
total length field.
broken_ip4-totlen01    0  TINFO  :  - Test duration is 3600 [sec]
cut: option requires an argument -- 'f'
Try `cut --help' for more information.
HWaddr list () is something wrong.
broken_ip4-totlen01    1  TBROK  :  Failed to get the interface name at the
remote host
<<<execution_status>>>
initiation_status="ok"
duration=1 termination_type=exited termination_id=1 corefile=no
cutime=10 cstime=24
<<<test_end>>>
<<<test_start>>>
tag=broken_ip4-fragment stime=280
cmdline="broken_ip4-fragment"
contacts=""
analysis=exit
<<<test_output>>>
broken_ip4-fragment01    0  TINFO  :  Verify that the kernel is not crashed
with receiving a large number of IPv4 packets that have wrong fragment
information
broken_ip4-fragment01    0  TINFO  :  - Test duration is 3600 [sec]
cut: option requires an argument -- 'f'
Try `cut --help' for more information.
HWaddr list () is something wrong.
broken_ip4-fragment01    1  TBROK  :  Failed to get the interface name at
the remote host
<<<execution_status>>>
initiation_status="ok"
duration=0 termination_type=exited termination_id=1 corefile=no
cutime=11 cstime=14
<<<test_end>>>
<<<test_start>>>
tag=broken_ip4-protcol stime=280
cmdline="broken_ip4-protcol"
contacts=""
analysis=exit
<<<test_output>>>
broken_ip4-protocol01    0  TINFO  :  Verify that the kernel is not crashed
with receiving a large number of IPv4 packets that have wrong value in the
protocol field
broken_ip4-protocol01    0  TINFO  :  - Test duration is 3600 [sec]
cut: option requires an argument -- 'f'
Try `cut --help' for more information.
HWaddr list () is something wrong.
broken_ip4-protocol01    1  TBROK  :  Failed to get the interface name at
the remote host
<<<execution_status>>>
initiation_status="ok"
duration=0 termination_type=exited termination_id=1 corefile=no
cutime=7 cstime=21
<<<test_end>>>
<<<test_start>>>
tag=broken_ip4-checksum stime=280
cmdline="broken_ip4-checksum"
contacts=""
analysis=exit
<<<test_output>>>
broken_ip4-checksum01    0  TINFO  :  Verify that the kernel is not crashed
with receiving a large number of IPv4 packets that have wrong value in the
checksum field
broken_ip4-checksum01    0  TINFO  :  - Test duration is 3600 [sec]
cut: option requires an argument -- 'f'
Try `cut --help' for more information.
HWaddr list () is something wrong.
broken_ip4-checksum01    1  TBROK  :  Failed to get the interface name at
the remote host
<<<execution_status>>>
initiation_status="ok"
duration=1 termination_type=exited termination_id=1 corefile=no
cutime=6 cstime=22
<<<test_end>>>
<<<test_start>>>
tag=broken_ip4-dstaddr stime=281
cmdline="broken_ip4-dstaddr"
contacts=""
analysis=exit
<<<test_output>>>
broken_ip4-dstaddr01    0  TINFO  :  Verify that the kernel is not crashed
with receiving a large number of IPv4 packets whose destination address is
wrong (destination MAC address is correct)
broken_ip4-dstaddr01    0  TINFO  :  - Test duration is 3600 [sec]
cut: option requires an argument -- 'f'
Try `cut --help' for more information.
HWaddr list () is something wrong.
broken_ip4-dstaddr01    1  TBROK  :  Failed to get the interface name at the
remote host
<<<execution_status>>>
initiation_status="ok"
duration=0 termination_type=exited termination_id=1 corefile=no
cutime=9 cstime=18
<<<test_end>>>
<<<test_start>>>
tag=broken_ip6-dstaddr stime=281
cmdline="broken_ip6-dstaddr"
contacts=""
analysis=exit
<<<test_output>>>
broken_ip6-dstaddr01    0  TINFO  :  Verify that the kernel is not crashed
with receiving a large number of IPv6 packets whose destination address is
wrong (destination MAC address is correct)
broken_ip6-dstaddr01    0  TINFO  :  - Test duration is 3600 [sec]
cut: option requires an argument -- 'f'
Try `cut --help' for more information.
HWaddr list () is something wrong.
broken_ip6-dstaddr01    1  TBROK  :  Failed to get the interface name at the
remote host
<<<execution_status>>>
initiation_status="ok"
duration=0 termination_type=exited termination_id=1 corefile=no
cutime=6 cstime=20
<<<test_end>>>
<<<test_start>>>
tag=broken_ip6-nexthdr stime=281
cmdline="broken_ip6-nexthdr"
contacts=""
analysis=exit
<<<test_output>>>
broken_ip6-nexthdr01    0  TINFO  :  Verify that the kernel is not crashed
with receiving a large number of IPv6 packets that have wrong value in the
next header field.
broken_ip6-nexthdr01    0  TINFO  :  - Test duration is 3600 [sec]
cut: option requires an argument -- 'f'
Try `cut --help' for more information.
HWaddr list () is something wrong.
broken_ip6-nexthdr01    1  TBROK  :  Failed to get the interface name at the
remote host
<<<execution_status>>>
initiation_status="ok"
duration=1 termination_type=exited termination_id=1 corefile=no
cutime=6 cstime=18
<<<test_end>>>
<<<test_start>>>
tag=broken_ip6-plen stime=282
cmdline="broken_ip6-plen"
contacts=""
analysis=exit
<<<test_output>>>
broken_ip6-plen01    0  TINFO  :  Verify that the kernel is not crashed with
receiving a large number of IPv6 packets that have wrong value in the
payload length field.
broken_ip6-plen01    0  TINFO  :  - Test duration is 3600 [sec]
cut: option requires an argument -- 'f'
Try `cut --help' for more information.
HWaddr list () is something wrong.
broken_ip6-plen01    1  TBROK  :  Failed to get the interface name at the
remote host
<<<execution_status>>>
initiation_status="ok"
duration=0 termination_type=exited termination_id=1 corefile=no
cutime=5 cstime=23
<<<test_end>>>
<<<test_start>>>
tag=broken_ip6-version stime=282
cmdline="broken_ip6-version"
contacts=""
analysis=exit
<<<test_output>>>
broken_ip6-version01    0  TINFO  :  Verify that the kernel is not crashed
with receiving a large number of IPv6 packets that have wrong value in
version field.
broken_ip6-version01    0  TINFO  :  - Test duration is 3600 [sec]
cut: option requires an argument -- 'f'
Try `cut --help' for more information.
HWaddr list () is something wrong.
broken_ip6-version01    1  TBROK  :  Failed to get the interface name at the
remote host
incrementing stop
<<<execution_status>>>
initiation_status="ok"
duration=0 termination_type=exited termination_id=1 corefile=no
cutime=11 cstime=22
<<<test_end>>>
INFO: ltp-pan reported some tests FAIL
LTP Version: LTP-20100131

       ###############################################################"

            Done executing testcases."
            LTP Version:  LTP-20100131
       ###############################################################"

On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 7:07 PM, Serge E. Hallyn <serge.hallyn@canonical.com

@ 2010-11-30  5:37     ` Garrett Cooper
From: Garrett Cooper @ 2010-11-30  5:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ARJIT SHARMA; +Cc: ajay.khandelwal, ltp-list

On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 9:33 PM, ARJIT SHARMA <joyarjit@gmail.com> wrote:
> Actually Network related tests are failing, like :--
>
> network_stress.broken_ip
>
> network_stress.icmp
>
> network_stress.interface
>
> network_stress.multicast
>
> network_stress.tcp
>

> here I am sending you the log of "network_stress.broken.ip" testcase...
> similar error is come in all the above mentioned tests
> "TBROK: Failed to get the interface name at the remote host.".

    You didn't mention that you've hacked the scripts to get them to
pass instead of potentially addressing the main issue, which is the
unbound variables in the shell scripts (which I did explicitly when I
coded up the general purpose libraries to avoid QA issues like this,
or identify problems).
    I will look at it in a while.
Thanks,
-Garrett

* Re: [LTP] networkstress tests
@ 2010-11-30  5:44       ` ARJIT SHARMA
From: ARJIT SHARMA @ 2010-11-30  5:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Garrett Cooper; +Cc: ajay.khandelwal, ltp-list

okk.
i just mentioned the adresses of remote host and local host in the scripts.

--

@ 2010-11-30 13:48     ` Serge E. Hallyn
From: Serge E. Hallyn @ 2010-11-30 13:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ARJIT SHARMA; +Cc: ajay.khandelwal, ltp-list

Quoting ARJIT SHARMA (joyarjit@gmail.com):
> broken_ip4-version01    0  TINFO  :  - Test duration is 3600 [sec]
> cut: option requires an argument -- 'f'
> Try `cut --help' for more information.

What distribution are you using?  Looks like the tests will need to
be tweaked to accomodate your version of cut.  Can you send us the
output of your 'cut --help'?  :)

-serge

From: Serge E. Hallyn @ 2010-11-30 13:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Serge E. Hallyn; +Cc: ltp-list, ajay.khandelwal

Quoting Serge E. Hallyn (serge.hallyn@canonical.com):
> Quoting ARJIT SHARMA (joyarjit@gmail.com):
> > broken_ip4-version01    0  TINFO  :  - Test duration is 3600 [sec]
> > cut: option requires an argument -- 'f'
> > Try `cut --help' for more information.
>
> What distribution are you using?  Looks like the tests will need to
> be tweaked to accomodate your version of cut.  Can you send us the
> output of your 'cut --help'?  :)

Oh, never mind - I just saw the continuation of the thread.

thanks,
-serge

* Re: [LTP] networkstress tests
@ 2010-12-01  3:53         ` ARJIT SHARMA