* [SPDK] Re: NVMe 2.0 support
@ 2021-07-15 15:25 Harris, James R
From: Harris, James R @ 2021-07-15 15:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: spdk

Hi Oscar,

SPDK does not plan work around specific versions of the NVMe spec, but rather individual features within the spec.  Are there specific features in NVMe 2.0 that you are interested in?

Regards,

-Jim

On 7/13/21, 5:35 PM, "oscar.huang(a)microchip.com" <oscar.huang(a)microchip.com> wrote:

    What version of NVMe is supported by the latest SPDK?
    Is there a schedule when NVMe 2.0 will be supported?

    Thanks
    -Oscar

* [SPDK] Re: NVMe 2.0 support
@ 2021-07-21 18:32 Walker, Benjamin
From: Walker, Benjamin @ 2021-07-21 18:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: spdk

The SPDK NVMe driver - the client/host side - should detect the NVMe version and provide support for features in NVMe 2.0 as necessary. It will need to do this by automatically detecting the version and using different data structure definitions. This is not currently scheduled or being worked on by anyone.

The SPDK NVMe-oF target will likely need to continue to report itself as an NVMe 1.X device until the software ecosystem has caught up. We could consider a configuration option to allow users to select 2.0 to begin the process of migrating over, but it would need to be off by default. Again, this is not currently scheduled or being worked on by anyone.

> Thanks
> -Oscar

* [SPDK] Re: NVMe 2.0 support
@ 2021-07-17  2:14 oscar.huang