* [U-Boot] mx6: consolidating and extending anadig/analog/anatop register defs
@ 2012-02-13 12:07 Wolfgang Grandegger
From: Wolfgang Grandegger @ 2012-02-13 12:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hello,

for the USB support on MX6Q, I'm trying to consolidate and extend the
register definitions for the ANADIG registers. Unfortunately, three
different names are used for the same registers: ANADIG, analog and
ANATOP. Any idea what the names do stand for and what would be the most
appropriate one. Apart from that, we should have a separate structure
and header file for these registers. Currently, they are added to the
CCM regs.

Wolfgang.

* [U-Boot] mx6: consolidating and extending anadig/analog/anatop register defs
@ 2012-02-13 12:34 ` Marek Vasut
From: Marek Vasut @ 2012-02-13 12:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

> Hello,
>
> for the USB support on MX6Q, I'm trying to consolidate and extend the
> register definitions for the ANADIG registers. Unfortunately, three
> different names are used for the same registers: ANADIG, analog and
> ANATOP. Any idea what the names do stand for and what would be the most
> appropriate one. Apart from that, we should have a separate structure
> and header file for these registers. Currently, they are added to the
> CCM regs.

DIGCTL? ;-) That's how they call those on MX28 I believe.

* [U-Boot] mx6: consolidating and extending anadig/analog/anatop register defs
@ 2012-02-14  2:07 ` Liu Hui-R64343
From: Liu Hui-R64343 @ 2012-02-14  2:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi, Wolfgang,

The register definition in the CCM according to the RM as followings:
Addresses: CCM_analog_PLL_SYS is 0h base + 0h offset = 0000_0000h
CCM_analog_PLL_SYS_SET is 0h base + 4h offset = 0000_0004h
CCM_analog_PLL_SYS_CLR is 0h base + 8h offset = 0000_0008h
CCM_analog_PLL_SYS_TOG is 0h base + Ch offset = 0000_000Ch

Thus, I put the register definition into the CCM parts.

@ 2012-02-14 12:37   ` Marek Vasut
From: Marek Vasut @ 2012-02-14 12:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

> Hi, Wolfgang,

This again resembles MX28 ... damn, can't we share some parts of MX28 for MX6Q ?

Fabio, I think I'll need one too, this is getting weird ;-)

* [U-Boot] mx6: consolidating and extending anadig/analog/anatop register defs
@ 2012-02-14 13:01     ` Wolfgang Grandegger
From: Wolfgang Grandegger @ 2012-02-14 13:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi Marek,

On 02/14/2012 01:37 PM, Marek Vasut wrote:
>> Hi, Wolfgang,

Unfortunately, I did not get hold of a RM yet :(. It's still under NDA,
I believe. Therefore I will postpone my "consolidation" activities for
the time being. The USB support patch I sent does work, as Dirk
confirmed, and therefore I suggest to apply it as intermediate solution.

Wolfgang.

* [U-Boot] mx6: consolidating and extending anadig/analog/anatop register defs
@ 2012-02-14 13:07       ` Marek Vasut
From: Marek Vasut @ 2012-02-14 13:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

> Hi Marek,
>
> On 02/14/2012 01:37 PM, Marek Vasut wrote:
> > > Hi, Wolfgang,

RM? Who's that?

 It's still under NDA,
> I believe. Therefore I will postpone my "consolidation" activities for
> the time being.

Sorry, I don't intent to hinder your efforts, I'm just seeing a pattern :)

The USB support patch I sent does work, as Dirk
> confirmed, and therefore I suggest to apply it as intermediate solution.

Well ... All right then. Though my sense for perfect solution is hurting a lot ;-)

@ 2012-02-14 13:13         ` Wolfgang Grandegger
From: Wolfgang Grandegger @ 2012-02-14 13:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On 02/14/2012 02:07 PM, Marek Vasut wrote:
>> Hi Marek,

Reference Manual!

>  It's still under NDA,
>> I believe. Therefore I will postpone my "consolidation" activities for
>> the time being.
>
> Sorry, I don't intent to hinder your efforts, I'm just seeing a pattern :)
>
> The USB support patch I sent does work, as Dirk
>> confirmed, and therefore I suggest to apply it as intermediate solution.
>
> Well ... All right then. Though my sense for perfect solution is hurting a lot ;-)

Well, that's OK and I realized some kind of mess as well, which should
be fixed sooner than later.

Wolfgang.

* [U-Boot] mx6: consolidating and extending anadig/analog/anatop register defs
@ 2012-02-14 13:17       ` Stefano Babic
From: Stefano Babic @ 2012-02-14 13:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On 14/02/2012 14:01, Wolfgang Grandegger wrote:

> Unfortunately, I did not get hold of a RM yet :(. It's still under NDA,
> I believe. Therefore I will postpone my "consolidation" activities for
> the time being. The USB support patch I sent does work, as Dirk
> confirmed, and therefore I suggest to apply it as intermediate solution.

Ok, nice. I will apply your patches to u-boot-imx.

Stefano

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de