* Re: [OPAE] Intel Fpga BBB Tutorial
@ 2019-05-30 17:59 Adler, Michael
From: Adler, Michael @ 2019-05-30 17:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: opae

Because the MMIO address lines in the hardware don’t include the low 2 bits. The CCI-P spec. requires that they always be 0 since the minimum MMIO granularity is 4 bytes. The software and CPU do have those low 2 bits, so the CPU-side computation differs by a factor of 4.

-Michael

From: OPAE <opae-bounces(a)lists.01.org> on behalf of Abel Eneyew <mul.abel43(a)gmail.com>
Date: Thursday, May 30, 2019 at 12:03 PM
To: "opae(a)lists.01.org" <opae(a)lists.01.org>
Subject: [OPAE] Intel Fpga BBB Tutorial

I am at the second part of the tutorial. But I am having difficulties understanding the mmio addressing part. Specificallly https://github.com/OPAE/intel-fpga-bbb/blob/master/samples/tutorial/02_platform_ifc/02b_ccip_clock/sw/clock_freq_test.c#L226 why do we multiply the address by 4 but in the hardware part  https://github.com/OPAE/intel-fpga-bbb/blob/master/samples/tutorial/02_platform_ifc/02b_ccip_clock/hw/rtl/afu.sv#L150 it isn't multiplied. Why do we need to multiply it by 4 in the software part?

Sorry if this is not an interesting question. But I am new and it is confusing.

Regards
Abel

[-- Attachment #2: attachment.html --]
[-- Type: text/html, Size: 4128 bytes --]

* [OPAE] Intel Fpga BBB Tutorial
@ 2019-05-30 16:03 Abel Eneyew
From: Abel Eneyew @ 2019-05-30 16:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: opae