* Re: [SPDK] How to transport virtio-blk data over iscsi to iscsi-target
@ 2018-12-20 15:19 Harris, James R
From: Harris, James R @ 2018-12-20 15:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: spdk

Hi Purna,

You'll want to look at the iSCSI bdev module.  This will allow you to connect to a remote iSCSI target node, create a bdev from its iSCSI LUN, and then present that bdev as a virtio-blk device to a virtio client using the SPDK vhost target.

Note that this module is not built by default.  You can find some documentation at https://spdk.io/doc/bdev.html#bdev_config_iscsi for building this bdev module and configuring it over JSON-RPC.

Hope this answers your questions.  If you need any additional clarifications, please let us know.

Regards,

-Jim

On 12/20/18, 2:56 AM, "SPDK on behalf of Mandal, Purna Chandra" <spdk-bounces(a)lists.01.org on behalf of purna.chandra.mandal(a)intel.com> wrote:

    Hi,
    I'm new to spdk framework. Trying to understand how to transport io requests from virtio-blk to iscsi target.
    Do I have to follow spdk fio_plugin type bdev transaction to spdk layer to transfer those packets to iscsi target? What all other options do we have, assuming I don't have nvme-of type controller available.

    Regards,
    Purna

* [SPDK] How to transport virtio-blk data over iscsi to iscsi-target
@ 2018-12-20  9:54 Mandal, Purna Chandra
From: Mandal, Purna Chandra @ 2018-12-20  9:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: spdk