* communication between hypervisor and guest OS
@ 2011-03-25 12:19 Karl Koch
From: Karl Koch @ 2011-03-25 12:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xen-devel

Hi everyone,

currently I'm working on a security project where communication between the
hypervisor and the guest kernel is needed.

I'm new to (para)virtualization development and I was wondering if xen
provides any predefined interfaces for my concern.

In addition, are there any good papers / documentation on developing with
xen?

thanks in advance!

regards

Karl K.

* RE: communication between hypervisor and guest OS
@ 2011-04-07  1:33 ` James Harper
From: James Harper @ 2011-04-07  1:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Karl Koch, xen-devel

> Hi everyone,
>
> currently I'm working on a security project where communication
between the
> hypervisor and the guest kernel is needed.
>
> I'm new to (para)virtualization development and I was wondering if xen
> provides any predefined interfaces for my concern.
>
> In addition, are there any good papers / documentation on developing
with xen?

What sort of communication?

Do you really mean the hypervisor or do you mean Dom0?

The communication between DomX and the hypervisor is normally done via
hypercalls, but maybe that doesn't suit your requirements?

James