* [LTP] Question about perf_event_open/Cap_bounds/su01 test cases
@ 2016-03-09 10:40 Julio Cruz Barroso
From: Julio Cruz Barroso @ 2016-03-09 10:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ltp

Hi,

I’m trying to perform a testing based on LTP version 20150420 on a Linux 3.14.61 (using iMX6 SOC series).

Basically, I perform the same test in four (4) different SOC (Solo, DualLite, Dual and Quad) including different RAM (512, 512, 1024, 2048MB respectively). The same kernel (with different Device Tree) is used on the four boards.

The test is run as below:

------------------
hostname emad-machine ;
cd /opt/ltp ;
rm -r tmp ;
mkdir tmp ;
chmod 777 tmp ;
rm -r results ;
rm result.fulllog ;
rm -r output ;
./runltp -p -l result.log -C result.fail -d /opt/ltp/tmp -g results.html -o result.fulllog
------------------

The results show around 66 test cases fail from a total of 1519. I focused on the fails trying to:

------------------
1) Change the kernel configuration (rebuild) to include any missing option
2) Review the test cases code and try to figure out any false negative
------------------

After perform this analysis, 63 test cases were mark as false negatives, but 4 test cases have unknown conclusion, as show below:

------------------
1. perf_event_open01 failed with < TEST_ERRNO=EOPNOTSUPP(95): Operation not supported. >
   a. I assume the test fail because the HW doesn’t support it. Could be wrong? [more details, please refer to https://justpaste.it/s315]
2. perf_event_open02 cause < WARNING: CPU: 2 PID: 24@kernel/events/core.c:764 perf_cpu_hrtimer_handler+0x1f0/0x20c() >. This warning pass multiples times until /dev/kmsg buffer overrun [more details, please refer to https://justpaste.it/s315]
   a. This test fail because the 01 test already fail, or can I run both independently?
   b. Any advice about the WARNING?
3. Cap_bounds fail with “cap_bounds_r.c:55: prctl(PR_CAPBSET_READ, 37) returned -1”. The numerical value of the highest capability supported by the running kernel is 36 [cat /proc/sys/kernel/cap_last_cap, http://man7.org/linux/man-pages/man7/capabilities.7.html].
   a. Can I assume this as a false negative?
4. su01 fail with < /bin/su -l root with correct password ( FAILED ) > [more details, please refer to https://justpaste.it/s329].
   a. Could be an test issue?
------------------

The whole analysis can be refer on https://justpaste.it/s32h.

Appreciate any suggestion or feedback. I just started using LTP some days ago, please, forgive any huge mistake ☺

Thanks, Julio

* [LTP] Question about perf_event_open/Cap_bounds/su01 test cases
@ 2016-03-09 12:08 ` Jan Stancek
From: Jan Stancek @ 2016-03-09 12:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ltp

> I’m trying to perform a testing based on LTP version 20150420 on a Linux
> 3.14.61 (using iMX6 SOC series).
>
> Basically, I perform the same test in four (4) different SOC (Solo, DualLite,
> Dual and Quad) including different RAM (512, 512, 1024, 2048MB
> respectively). The same kernel (with different Device Tree) is used on the
> four boards.
>
> The test is run as below:
>
> ------------------
> hostname emad-machine ;
> cd /opt/ltp ;
> rm -r tmp ;
> mkdir tmp ;
> chmod 777 tmp ;
> rm -r results ;
> rm result.fulllog ;
> rm -r output ;
> ./runltp -p -l result.log -C result.fail -d /opt/ltp/tmp -g results.html -o
> result.fulllog
> ------------------
>
> The results show around 66 test cases fail from a total of 1519. I focused on
> the fails trying to:
>
> ------------------
> 1) Change the kernel configuration (rebuild) to include any missing option
> 2) Review the test cases code and try to figure out any false negative
> ------------------
>
> After perform this analysis, 63 test cases were mark as false negatives, but
> 4 test cases have unknown conclusion, as show below:

Hi,

> ------------------
> 1. perf_event_open01 failed with < TEST_ERRNO=EOPNOTSUPP(95): Operation not
> supported. >
>    a. I assume the test fail because the HW doesn’t support it. Could be
>    wrong? [more details, please refer to https://justpaste.it/s315]

Agreed, this looks like test should be fixed to handle EOPNOTSUPP too:
EOPNOTSUPP
  Returned if an event requiring a specific hardware feature is requested but there is no hardware support.  This includes requesting low-skid  events  if  not  sup‐
  ported, branch tracing if it is not available, sampling if no PMU interrupt is available, and branch stacks for software events.

> 2. perf_event_open02 cause < WARNING: CPU: 2 PID: 24 at
> kernel/events/core.c:764 perf_cpu_hrtimer_handler+0x1f0/0x20c() >. This
> warning pass multiples times until /dev/kmsg buffer overrun [more details,
> please refer to https://justpaste.it/s315]
>    a. This test fail because the 01 test already fail, or can I run both
>    independently?

They should be independent.

>    b. Any advice about the WARNING?

I'm assuming that is "WARN_ON(!irqs_disabled());", I'd guess a kernel bug.
Do you have a chance to try perf record/stat and see if that triggers it too.

> 3. Cap_bounds fail with “cap_bounds_r.c:55: prctl(PR_CAPBSET_READ, 37)
> returned -1”. The numerical value of the highest capability supported by the
> running kernel is 36 [cat /proc/sys/kernel/cap_last_cap,
> http://man7.org/linux/man-pages/man7/capabilities.7.html].
>    a. Can I assume this as a false negative?

Yes. On first look maybe we should change test to go only up to
min(CAP_LAST_CAP, /proc/sys/kernel/cap_last_cap).

> 4. su01 fail with < /bin/su -l root with correct password ( FAILED ) > [more
> details, please refer to https://justpaste.it/s329].
>    a. Could be an test issue?

Don't have much experience with this test, but it looks like
it relies on group 'wheel' or 'trusted' to be present, and
in your case it's not:
  usermod: group 'trusted' does not exist

> ------------------
>
> The whole analysis can be refer on https://justpaste.it/s32h.

(Some of) those huge test failures should be TCONF in latest LTP,
I recall a patch added last year that introduced a check if hugepages
are supported.

Regards,
Jan

@ 2016-03-09 13:52   ` Cyril Hrubis
From: Cyril Hrubis @ 2016-03-09 13:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ltp

Hi!
> > 4. su01 fail with < /bin/su -l root with correct password ( FAILED ) > [more
> > details, please refer to https://justpaste.it/s329].
> >    a. Could be an test issue?
>
> Don't have much experience with this test, but it looks like
> it relies on group 'wheel' or 'trusted' to be present, and
> in your case it's not:
>   usermod: group 'trusted' does not exist

Looks to me like the group detection (that user needs to run su) is
completly broken. It check only for redhat and assumes that rest of the
world uses group trusted (which is true for suse but seems to be the
only one among widely used distributions).

And the whole testcases is messy and should be rewritten.

--
Cyril Hrubis
chrubis@suse.cz

* [LTP] Question about perf_event_open/Cap_bounds/su01 test cases
@ 2016-03-09 14:08 ` Cyril Hrubis
From: Cyril Hrubis @ 2016-03-09 14:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ltp

Hi!
> The whole analysis can be refer on https://justpaste.it/s32h.

The fanotify06 failure is likely kernel bug fixed in:

commit 8edc6e1688fc8f02c8c1f53a2ec4928cb1055f4d
Author: Jan Kara <jack@suse.cz>
Date:   Thu Nov 13 15:19:33 2014 -0800

    fanotify: fix notification of groups with inode & mount marks

Which is part of Linux 3.18.

The only modification I did to the testcase was adding comment pointing to this
kernel patch that fixes the problem.

Also as Jan said, you are using nearly year old LTP. Using the latest
stable release is always prefered.

--
Cyril Hrubis
chrubis@suse.cz

* [LTP] Question about perf_event_open/Cap_bounds/su01 test cases
@ 2016-03-11 13:35   ` Julio Cruz Barroso
From: Julio Cruz Barroso @ 2016-03-11 13:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ltp

Hi Jan, Cyril,

I will comment below separately.

I follow your suggestion to use the latest LTP (20160126) and after testing in the four platform, the results are better. In fact, the results show 373 cases more and 537 with configuration error versus 192 in previous release.

-----------------
Specifically, to Jan comments:

> I'm assuming that is "WARN_ON(!irqs_disabled());", I'd guess a kernel bug.
> Do you have a chance to try perf record/stat and see if that triggers it too.

Yes, you are right. Is "WARN_ON(!irqs_disabled());". By default, the system not contain 'perf' command but after installing it, I tried as below:

$ perf record -a -F 1000 sleep 5
$ perf stat sleep 5
$ perf report

Those commands not trigger the WARNING. I'm not a user of perf (yet) and I'm not sure is this is what you suggested to check. Please, can you confirm?

BTW, in the latest 4.4, this function is not in 'core.c' anymore.

> Don't have much experience with this test, but it looks like it relies on group 'wheel' or 'trusted' to be present, and in your case it's not:
>  usermod: group 'trusted' does not exist

Yes, the user 'trusted' is not defined in '/etc/group'. I assume this is a false negative. Again, thanks to confirm also the others issues and take a look at the details results.

-----------------
Specifically, to Cyril comments:

> The fanotify06 failure is likely kernel bug fixed in:

After to use the latest LTP, this error disappear. The test is marked as PASS with TCONF. But the others test cases: fanotify01, fanotify02 and fanotify04 are marked as FAIL with the message "Fanotify is not configured in this kernel.". I don't understand why with this message, is still marked as fail? [please, refer details to https://justpaste.it/s5c3]. Thanks for looking at this issue and give the details of bug solution. Appreciated.

-----------------
All,

Some new issues show up with the latest LTP (20160126) in the 3.14.61 kernel in iMX6 SOC (Solo, DualLite, Dual and Quad), as below:

- pwritev01_64. "TFAIL  :  pwritev01.c:114: Buffer wrong at 0 have 00 expected 61". Fail in the four architectures. Any suggestion? [please, refer details to https://justpaste.it/s59m]
- readahead02. Sometimes PASS and sometimes FAIL. When fail, show a TCONF and later TWARM. [https://justpaste.it/s4zk]
- ar. When is executed alone, the test PASS. But when is performed with the others, the results show FAIL. [PASS alone: https://justpaste.it/s50x
FAIL with all: https://justpaste.it/s510]
- file. The log show many things and one is "file09 9 TBROK : ltpapicmd.c:138: rpm command broke.". Not sure if this is really a FAIL [https://justpaste.it/s51w]
- which01. Its seems Busybox not support many options used in this test.
- cpuhotplug04. This test try to affect the first core and the system is running on it. That's is possible? [https://justpaste.it/s52s]
- getaddrinfo_01. Adding "127.0.0.1  machine" to '/etc/hosts' solved one issue but still present another: "getaddrinfo_01    2  TFAIL  :  getaddrinfo_01.c:577: getaddrinfo IPv6 basic lookup ("emad") returns -2 ("Name or service not known")"

Two thing that catches my attention, has to do with: 1) the results in HTML and 2) the machine hang during the testing.

1) results in HTML. The file "results.log" said (for example) 'cron_deny01' FAIL, but the file "results.html" show green color. This apply for others test cases also. This could be a known issue or I'm missing something?
2) machine hang. I saw this many times, but is the first time I take attention. The latest test case according with the file 'results.fulllog' show the  'dma_thread_diotest7' as failure. After that, the file is corrupted with 'NUL NUL...'. The second time show similar results. In different board occurred this issue. However, if the same test is performed alone (after reboot the machine) there is not hang and the results show FAIL. Any suggestion to affront this kind of problems (hang)?

Others general questions are:

- About setup of the test set. Once all the NAB (not a bug) are defined, can I omit those test cases from the test set?
- Reliability. For now, I run the test without stress (i.e. -m, -D options), but I would like to use those option once the 'hang' problem is solved. Any other suggestion to add 'confidence' to the results? Basically, to certify the system is OK.

For your reference, the test results (including the FAIL) are at https://justpaste.it/s5bf. The test was performed using the following configurations:

- iMX6 Solo; 1x ARM Cortex-A9, 512MB RAM (2x256MB)
- iMX6 DualLite; 2x ARM Cortex-A9, 512MB RAM (2x256MB)
- iMX6 Dual; 2x ARM Cortex-A9, 1G RAM (4x256MB)
- iMX6 Quad; 4x ARM Cortex-A9, 2G RAM (4x512MB)

Thanks again for your feedback,

Julio

Author: Jan Kara <jack@suse.cz>
Date:   Thu Nov 13 15:19:33 2014 -0800

@ 2016-03-11 15:35     ` Jan Stancek
From: Jan Stancek @ 2016-03-11 15:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ltp

> I follow your suggestion to use the latest LTP (20160126) and after testing
> in the four platform, the results are better. In fact, the results show 373
> cases more and 537 with configuration error versus 192 in previous release.
>
> -----------------
> Specifically, to Jan comments:
>
> > I'm assuming that is "WARN_ON(!irqs_disabled());", I'd guess a kernel bug.
> > Do you have a chance to try perf record/stat and see if that triggers it
> > too.
>
> Yes, you are right. Is "WARN_ON(!irqs_disabled());". By default, the system
> not contain 'perf' command but after installing it, I tried as below:
>
> $ perf record -a -F 1000 sleep 5
> $ perf stat sleep 5
> $ perf report
>
> Those commands not trigger the WARNING. I'm not a user of perf (yet) and I'm
> not sure is this is what you suggested to check. Please, can you confirm?

Yes, I was suggesting to try something like that.

> BTW, in the latest 4.4, this function is not in 'core.c' anymore.
>
> > Don't have much experience with this test, but it looks like it relies on
> > group 'wheel' or 'trusted' to be present, and in your case it's not:
> >  usermod: group 'trusted' does not exist
>
> Yes, the user 'trusted' is not defined in '/etc/group'. I assume this is a
> false negative. Again, thanks to confirm also the others issues and take a
> look at the details results.
>
> -----------------
> Specifically, to Cyril comments:
>
> > The fanotify06 failure is likely kernel bug fixed in:
>
> After to use the latest LTP, this error disappear. The test is marked as PASS
> with TCONF. But the others test cases: fanotify01, fanotify02 and fanotify04
> are marked as FAIL with the message "Fanotify is not configured in this
> kernel.". I don't understand why with this message, is still marked as fail?
> [please, refer details to https://justpaste.it/s5c3]. Thanks for looking at
> this issue and give the details of bug solution. Appreciated.
>
> -----------------
> All,
>
> Some new issues show up with the latest LTP (20160126) in the 3.14.61 kernel
> in iMX6 SOC (Solo, DualLite, Dual and Quad), as below:
>
> - pwritev01_64. "TFAIL  :  pwritev01.c:114: Buffer wrong at 0 have 00
> expected 61". Fail in the four architectures. Any suggestion? [please, refer
> details to https://justpaste.it/s59m]

Is it only pwritev01_64 that fails? Is pwritev01 passing?
I don't see anything suspicious in testcase and it works fine on x86_64.
My first guess would be some alignment problem, because first 2 tests with
offset 0 PASSed. I'd try different values for "CHUNK", e.g. 512, 1024, 4096, 8192.
Also running testcase via strace could bring some additional data.

> - readahead02. Sometimes PASS and sometimes FAIL. When fail, show a TCONF and
> later TWARM. [https://justpaste.it/s4zk]

readahead doesn't seem to have any effect on your system.
max readahead size has been changed recently, but I think your kernel
is older: https://lkml.org/lkml/2015/8/24/344

> - ar. When is executed alone, the test PASS. But when is performed with the
> others, the results show FAIL. [PASS alone: https://justpaste.it/s50x
> FAIL with all: https://justpaste.it/s510]
> - file. The log show many things and one is "file09 9 TBROK :
> ltpapicmd.c:138: rpm command broke.". Not sure if this is really a FAIL
> [https://justpaste.it/s51w]

/opt/ltp/testcases/bin/file_test.sh: line 556: rpmbuild: command not found
test assumes that if you have "rpm", you have also "rpmbuild",
which doesn't seem to be true in your case

> - which01. Its seems Busybox not support many options used in this test.
> - cpuhotplug04. This test try to affect the first core and the system is
> running on it. That's is possible? [https://justpaste.it/s52s]

How many CPUs do you have? Can you run:
ls /sys/devices/system/cpu/*/online

> - getaddrinfo_01. Adding "127.0.0.1  machine" to '/etc/hosts' solved one
> issue but still present another: "getaddrinfo_01    2  TFAIL  :
> getaddrinfo_01.c:577: getaddrinfo IPv6 basic lookup ("emad") returns -2
> ("Name or service not known")"

Try adding same hostname also for "::1".

> Two thing that catches my attention, has to do with: 1) the results in HTML
> and 2) the machine hang during the testing.
>
> 1) results in HTML. The file "results.log" said (for example) 'cron_deny01'
> FAIL, but the file "results.html" show green color. This apply for others
> test cases also. This could be a known issue or I'm missing something?
> 2) machine hang. I saw this many times, but is the first time I take
> attention. The latest test case according with the file 'results.fulllog'
> show the  'dma_thread_diotest7' as failure. After that, the file is
> corrupted with 'NUL NUL...'. The second time show similar results. In
> different board occurred this issue. However, if the same test is performed
> alone (after reboot the machine) there is not hang and the results show
> FAIL. Any suggestion to affront this kind of problems (hang)?

Attach serial console, so you can get more data from kernel messages.
If it also crashes, then kdump would work too, but I'm not sure
your system supports it.

Other than that, maybe add sync to your runtest file after each test.
If you have suspicion about specific test, remove it from runtest file
and see if it still hangs.

> Others general questions are:
>
> - About setup of the test set. Once all the NAB (not a bug) are defined, can
> I omit those test cases from the test set?

Ideal would be to fix those tests, so they can run and terminate with TCONF.
If you can fix some, feel free to send a patch to this list.

Regards,
Jan

@ 2016-03-12 12:01       ` Julio Cruz Barroso
From: Julio Cruz Barroso @ 2016-03-12 12:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ltp

Hi Jan,

Thanks again for the valuable suggestions. Some tests were fixed!

Please, find below answers to your questions:

> Is it only pwritev01_64 that fails? Is pwritev01 passing?
> I don't see anything suspicious in testcase and it works fine on > x86_64.
> My first guess would be some alignment problem, because first 2 > tests with offset 0 PASSed. I'd try different values for > "CHUNK", e.g. 512, 1024, 4096, 8192.
> Also running testcase via strace could bring some additional > data.

Yes, only pwritev01_64 fail. The log show pwrite01, pwrite02, pwrite04, pwrite01_64, pwrite02_64, pwrite04_64 and pwritev01 as PASS.
Trying with CHUNK=512 the result show FAIL [https://justpaste.it/s61j]
Trying with CHUNK=1024 the result show FAIL [https://justpaste.it/s61p]
Trying with 1024, 2048, 4096 and 8192 show FAIL.
Running the test with strace show this results: https://justpaste.it/s61q
strace show offset equal to zero (0). This is a bug?

> readahead doesn't seem to have any effect on your system.
> max readahead size has been changed recently, but I think your > kernel is older:  https://lkml.org/lkml/2015/8/24/344

I update to read ahead in chunks of 2M, 1M and 512K. But same results: FAIL
If the test is run as "root@emad:/opt/ltp# ./testcases/bin/readahead02", the test always fail and run very fast
If the test is run as "cd / ; cd /opt/ltp ; rm -r tmp ; rm -r output ; mkdir tmp ; chmod 777 tmp ; ./runltp -p -d /opt/ltp/tmp -s readahead02", the test take more time and PASS
What is your suggestion when the test show differences results (running as: 1) XX, 2) runltp -s XX, 3) runltp)?

> /opt/ltp/testcases/bin/file_test.sh: line 556: rpmbuild: command > not found test assumes that if you have "rpm", you have also > "rpmbuild", which doesn't seem to be true in your case

I remove "RPM" and the issue is gone.
There is still an issue, but is related with busybox format (with 'unzip' test)

> How many CPUs do you have? Can you run:
> ls /sys/devices/system/cpu/*/online

I have four (4) different machines, as below (please, refer to picture at http://i68.tinypic.com/33ej1jr.jpg):

Machine 1: 1 CPU
Machine 2: 2 CPU
Machine 3: 2 CPU
Machine 4: 4 CPU

That solve the issue! [https://justpaste.it/s64l]. For others reference, the "::1"  is the ipv6 notation of 127.0.0.1.

> Attach serial console, so you can get more data from kernel messages.
> If it also crashes, then kdump would work too, but I'm not sure your system supports it.
> Other than that, maybe add sync to your runtest file after each > test.
> If you have suspicion about specific test, remove it from > runtest file and see if it still hangs.

For next test, I will save the console in a file for post-review
About adding 'sync' after each test, you mean this:

abort01 abort01 sync
accept01 accept01 sync
accept4_01 accept4_01 sync

May we have another approach about the 'sync' command? There is too many test cases to add this command.

> Ideal would be to fix those tests, so they can run and terminate > with TCONF.
> If you can fix some, feel free to send a patch to this list.

Yes, that will be better. Once I get a solution for these issues, I will send a patch!

Thanks and regards,

Julio

@ 2016-03-12 13:45         ` Jan Stancek
From: Jan Stancek @ 2016-03-12 13:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ltp

> Thanks again for the valuable suggestions. Some tests were fixed!
>
> Please, find below answers to your questions:
>
> > Is it only pwritev01_64 that fails? Is pwritev01 passing?
> > I don't see anything suspicious in testcase and it works fine on > x86_64.
> > My first guess would be some alignment problem, because first 2 > tests
> > with offset 0 PASSed. I'd try different values for > "CHUNK", e.g. 512,
> > 1024, 4096, 8192.
> > Also running testcase via strace could bring some additional > data.
>
> Yes, only pwritev01_64 fail. The log show pwrite01, pwrite02, pwrite04,
> pwrite01_64, pwrite02_64, pwrite04_64 and pwritev01 as PASS.
> Trying with CHUNK=512 the result show FAIL [https://justpaste.it/s61j]
> Trying with CHUNK=1024 the result show FAIL [https://justpaste.it/s61p]
> Trying with 1024, 2048, 4096 and 8192 show FAIL.
> Running the test with strace show this results: https://justpaste.it/s61q
> strace show offset equal to zero (0). This is a bug?

Yes, it looks like that if off_t is 64-bit, it's not passed correctly.
You could look at dissassembled code and check that it matches
description in ABI doc (if you have it).

> > readahead doesn't seem to have any effect on your system.
> > max readahead size has been changed recently, but I think your > kernel is
> > older:  https://lkml.org/lkml/2015/8/24/344
>
> I update to read ahead in chunks of 2M, 1M and 512K. But same results: FAIL
> If the test is run as "root@emad:/opt/ltp# ./testcases/bin/readahead02", the
> test always fail and run very fast
> If the test is run as "cd / ; cd /opt/ltp ; rm -r tmp ; rm -r output ; mkdir
> tmp ; chmod 777 tmp ; ./runltp -p -d /opt/ltp/tmp -s readahead02", the test
> take more time and PASS
> What is your suggestion when the test show differences results (running as:
> 1) XX, 2) runltp -s XX, 3) runltp)?

Can't think of anything that would cause different results. I wonder
if readahead works at all on your system.

> > /opt/ltp/testcases/bin/file_test.sh: line 556: rpmbuild: command > not
> > found test assumes that if you have "rpm", you have also > "rpmbuild",
> > which doesn't seem to be true in your case
>
> I remove "RPM" and the issue is gone.
> There is still an issue, but is related with busybox format (with 'unzip'
> test)
>
> > How many CPUs do you have? Can you run:
> > ls /sys/devices/system/cpu/*/online
>
> I have four (4) different machines, as below (please, refer to picture at
> http://i68.tinypic.com/33ej1jr.jpg):

The command above should also tell us if they can be brought offline.

> Machine 1: 1 CPU
> Machine 2: 2 CPU
> Machine 3: 2 CPU
> Machine 4: 4 CPU
>
> > Try adding same hostname also for "::1".
>
> That solve the issue! [https://justpaste.it/s64l]. For others reference, the
> "::1"  is the ipv6 notation of 127.0.0.1.
>
> > Attach serial console, so you can get more data from kernel messages.
> > If it also crashes, then kdump would work too, but I'm not sure your system
> > supports it.
> > Other than that, maybe add sync to your runtest file after each > test.
> > If you have suspicion about specific test, remove it from > runtest file
> > and see if it still hangs.
>
> For next test, I will save the console in a file for post-review
> About adding 'sync' after each test, you mean this:

> abort01 abort01 sync
> accept01 accept01 sync
> accept4_01 accept4_01 sync

That wouldn't work. You need semicolon or "&&", or something like this:

abort01 abort01
sync sync
accept01 accept01
sync sync

> May we have another approach about the 'sync' command? There is too many test
> cases to add this command.

You could patch ltp-pan to do that for you. But if you have option
to collect serial console logs, then don't bother with this.

Regards,
Jan

@ 2016-03-13 11:39           ` Julio Cruz Barroso
From: Julio Cruz Barroso @ 2016-03-13 11:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ltp

Hi Jan,

Below, the answers to your questions/comments:

> The command above should also tell us if they can be brought offline.

Below the results of suggested command:

ls /sys/devices/system/cpu/*/online -l

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Jan  1 01:09 /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/online
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Jan  1 01:09 /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/online

After checking the device tree, it seems that the default definition include two CPU (file: imx6dl.dtsi), because the same file is used for Solo and DualLite devices (the second have two cores).

It's a false negative and the solution is to change the device tree or check if the CPU can be online.

> You could patch ltp-pan to do that for you. But if you have option to collect serial console logs, then don't bother with this.

OK. Finally, I save all the details in the serial console. To do that, I need to disable HTML report because this option, doesn't show the details in the serial console. Maybe something to check at runltp.

The following test cases were fixed (attached patches for revision):

- Cap_bounds: Change test to go only up to min(CAP_LAST_CAP, /proc/sys/kernel/cap_last_cap)
- getrusage03: Check available memory to run grandchild_maxrss, zombie and sig_ign
- mtest06_2: The default test case want to use 1G or more. Change GB to MB for embedded devices (in mmap2.c).

Others test cases were skipped, because don't have solution yet or are BUG:

- ar: It's seem the command not recognize flag 'u' After run './testcases/bin/ar01 ' the test PASS
- cpio: Busybox doesn't support "o" option
- cpuhotplug02: The system cannot boot the CPU (it's not available) This issue is on iMX6 Solo only, because the Device Tree is wrong (imx6dl.dtsi) including two CPU
- cpuhotplug03: The system cannot boot the CPU (it's not available) This issue is on iMX6 Solo only, because the Device Tree is wrong (imx6dl.dtsi) including two CPU
- cpuhotplug04: The test seems to affect the first core and the system is running on it
- cpuhotplug06: The system cannot boot the CPU (it's not available) This issue is on iMX6 Solo only, because the Device Tree is wrong (imx6dl.dtsi) including two CPU
- cron: No crontab command
- cron_allow01: No crontab command
- cron_deny01: No crontab command
- cron_dirs_checks01: Lack of necessary directories
- cron02: No crontab command
- dma_thread_diotest1: "It's a know issue. The solution is "Don't do that"  http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-mm/msg75367.html"
- dma_thread_diotest2: "It's a know issue. The solution is "Don't do that" http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-mm/msg75367.html"
- dma_thread_diotest3: "It's a know issue. The solution is "Don't do that" http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-mm/msg75367.html"
- dma_thread_diotest4: "It's a know issue. The solution is "Don't do that" http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-mm/msg75367.html"
- dma_thread_diotest5: "It's a know issue. The solution is "Don't do that" http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-mm/msg75367.html"
- dma_thread_diotest6: "It's a know issue. The solution is "Don't do that" http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-mm/msg75367.html"
- dma_thread_diotest7: "It's a know issue. The solution is "Don't do that" http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-mm/msg75367.html"
- fanotify01: Fanotify is not configured in this kernel.
- fanotify02: Fanotify is not configured in this kernel.
- fanotify04: Fanotify is not configured in this kernel.
- file: Remove "RPM" and the issue is gone There is still an issue, but is related with busybox format (with 'unzip' test)
- getaddrinfo_01: Updating /etc/hosts with "127.0.0.1  emad" solve first issue.  Updating /etc/hosts with "::1 emad" solve second issue.
- gzip01: Busybox doesn't support "r" option
- in6_02: The environmental variable LHOST_IFACES is not defined (WARN) and use the eth0. The rest of the test not FAIL. The results is the same with connected cable or without
- ioctl03: System doesn't support
- isofs: No mkisofs command
- logrotate: No logrotate  command
- netns_breakns_ip_ipv4_ioctl: Busybox doesn't support "-V" option
- netns_breakns_ip_ipv4_netlink: Busybox doesn't support "-V" option
- netns_breakns_ip_ipv6_ioctl: Busybox doesn't support "-V" option
- netns_breakns_ip_ipv6_netlink: Busybox doesn't support "-V" option
- netns_breakns_ns_exec_ipv4_ioc: Need to fix test case or bad parameters
- netns_breakns_ns_exec_ipv4_ioc: Need to fix test case or bad parameters
- netns_breakns_ns_exec_ipv4_net: Need to fix test case or bad parameters
- netns_breakns_ns_exec_ipv4_net: Need to fix test case or bad parameters
- netns_breakns_ns_exec_ipv6_ioc: Need to fix test case or bad parameters
- netns_breakns_ns_exec_ipv6_ioc: Need to fix test case or bad parameters
- netns_breakns_ns_exec_ipv6_net: Need to fix test case or bad parameters
- netns_breakns_ns_exec_ipv6_net: Need to fix test case or bad parameters
- netns_comm_ip_ipv4_ioctl: Busybox doesn't support "-V" option
- netns_comm_ip_ipv4_netlink: Busybox doesn't support "-V" option
- netns_comm_ip_ipv6_ioctl: Busybox doesn't support "-V" option
- netns_comm_ip_ipv6_netlink: Busybox doesn't support "-V" option
- netns_comm_ns_exec_ipv4_ioctl: Need to fix test case or bad parameters
- netns_comm_ns_exec_ipv4_netlin: Need to fix test case or bad parameters
- netns_comm_ns_exec_ipv4_netlin: Need to fix test case or bad parameters
- netns_comm_ns_exec_ipv6_ioctl: Need to fix test case or bad parameters
- netns_comm_ns_exec_ipv6_netlin: Need to fix test case or bad parameters
- netns_comm_ns_exec_ipv6_netlin: Need to fix test case or bad parameters
- netns_sysfs: Need to fix test case or bad parameters
- Numa-testcases: No numactl command
- perf_event_open01: System doesn't support. As you said, this looks like test should be fixed to handle EOPNOTSUPP too: EOPNOTSUPP"
- perf_event_open02: WARNING: CPU: 0 PID: 3 at kernel/events/core.c:764 perf_cpu_hrtimer_handler+0x1f0/0x20c()
- pwritev01_64: Random results
- quota_remount_test01: No quotacheck command
- readahead02:  The system doesn't have /proc/pid/io, unable to determine read bytes during test
- su01: It's a false negative. As you said, it relies on group 'wheel' or 'trusted' to be present, and in this case it 'trusted' is not present.
- syslog01: The system doesn't have /var/log/maillog
- syslog02: The system doesn't have /var/log/maillog
- syslog03: The system doesn't have /var/log/message
- syslog04: The system doesn't have /var/log/message
- syslog05: The system doesn't have /var/log/message
- syslog07: The system doesn't have /var/log/message
- syslog08: The system doesn't have /var/log/message
- syslog09: The system doesn't have /var/log/message
- syslog10: The system doesn't have /var/log/message
- unzip01: Busybox has a different output format
- utimensat01: No sudo command
- which01: Busybox not support many options used in this test

For now, after the fixes in the kernel (config), fs, 3 test cases and skip others (previous list), there is not results with TFAIL and TBROK in the four SOC (solo, duallite, dual, quad). I will continue debugging this list and let you know any news.

Thanks!

Julio
From: Jan Stancek @ 2016-03-14 12:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ltp

From: Cyril Hrubis @ 2016-03-14 18:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ltp

Hi!
> Specifically, to Cyril comments:
>
> > The fanotify06 failure is likely kernel bug fixed in:
>
> After to use the latest LTP, this error disappear. The test is marked as PASS with TCONF. But the others test cases: fanotify01, fanotify02 and fanotify04 are marked as FAIL with the message "Fanotify is not configured in this kernel.". I don't understand why with this message, is still marked as fail? [please, refer details to https://justpaste.it/s5c3]. Thanks for looking at this issue and give the details of bug solution. Appreciated.

Ah that is because the test cleanup closes the fd_notify file descriptor
unconditionally while it should be only closed if it's greater than
zero.

This should fix the WARNING that causes the test to fail if fanotify is not
compiled in kernel:

 static void cleanup(void)
 {
-       if (close(fd_notify) == -1)
+       if (fd_notify > 0 && close(fd_notify) == -1)
                tst_resm(TWARN, "close(%d) failed", fd_notify);

        tst_rmdir();

I will push a patch with fixes for the testcasee tomorrow. Thanks for reporting
it.

--
Cyril Hrubis
chrubis@suse.cz

* [LTP] Question about perf_event_open/Cap_bounds/su01 test cases
@ 2016-03-15 10:35               ` Julio Cruz Barroso
From: Julio Cruz Barroso @ 2016-03-15 10:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ltp

Hi Jan,

Thanks for your suggestion.

I check the first patch (you already applied). Thanks for the changes.

About the others two, I will send in separately.

Regards

Julio

@ 2016-03-15 15:07       ` Cyril Hrubis
From: Cyril Hrubis @ 2016-03-15 15:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ltp

Hi!
> I will push a patch with fixes for the testcasee tomorrow. Thanks for reporting
> it.

Fix is pushed, thanks for reporting the issue.

--
Cyril Hrubis
chrubis@suse.cz