* [meta-qt5] QtCreator now allowing me to select qmake in SDK
@ 2016-03-21 19:38 Ryan Elkholy, PhD, PE
From: Ryan Elkholy, PhD, PE @ 2016-03-21 19:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-core

Hello,

I have used bitbake core-image-minimal -c populate_sdk to build an SDK for
the Minnowboard to be used by QtCreator. After doing so, the SDK was built
in /opt/poky/2.0.1/sysroots...

1. Within /sysroots I have corei7-64-poky-linux and x86_64-pokysdk-linux
directories. My first question is which directory do I use when pointing to
my compiler, debugger and QtVersion (qmake) for QtCreator?

2. Secondly, when I try pointing to the qmake in
/opt/poky/2.0.1/sysroots/corei7-64-poky-linux/usr/bin/qt, QtCreator says
that the file does not exist. I have tried everything to add it but it just
wont work. I then thought I had to point to the one in x86_64-pokysdk-linux,
however there is no qmake there. Any ideas on what the problem may be?

Thanks!

* Re: [meta-qt5] QtCreator now allowing me to select qmake in SDK
@ 2016-03-21 23:53 ` Julio Cruz Barroso
       [not found]   ` <CAMZfsd4aXD7O059_+j1vY_+QbvaEiJ_MJ6RsoDGkek_Ri++Yyg@mail.gmail.com>
From: Julio Cruz Barroso @ 2016-03-21 23:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ryan Elkholy, PhD, PE; +Cc: openembedded-core

Hi Ryan,

Try to inherit populate_sdk_qt5 in your image  or use meta-toolchain-qt5 to create the SDK. In this way you will have the qmake in your SDK installer.

Regards

Julio

@ 2016-03-22  1:49     ` Julio Cruz Barroso
From: Julio Cruz Barroso @ 2016-03-22  1:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ryan Elkholy, PhD, PE; +Cc: openembedded-core

In summary:

-          In " x86_64-pokysdk-linux " you will find the cross tool chain that match your target platform (Minnowboard), including the compiler, debugger and qmake

-          In "corei7-64-poky-linux " you will have the sysroot of your target

But, if the image don’t inherit populate_sdk_qt5, the final tool chain will not include the necessary tools (for Qt).

Regards

JC

OK, I will try that. As a follow-up to my first question, what is the difference between corei7-64-poky-linux and x86_64-pokysdk-linux directories in the sysroot folder? Which one do I pull the compiler, debugger and qmake from?

@ 2016-03-21 19:39 Ryan Elkholy, PhD, PE