* [uml-devel] Does UML Currently Emulate SMP?
@ 2007-04-18 14:47 Stephens, Allan
From: Stephens, Allan @ 2007-04-18 14:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeff Dike; +Cc: user-mode-linux-user, user-mode-linux-devel

[Apologies if you've received this twice.  My earlier posting appears to
have been lost.]

What is the status of SMP support in UML?  (That is, can I start up a
UML session that uses separate processes on my uniprocessor host to
emulate a machine with multiple CPUs?)

Jeff Dike's "User Mode Linux" text indicates that this sort of support
was once available, but it seems to have died out.  (I can't find any
way of enabling it in a 2.6.20 kernel.)  Has this capability been
dropped due to lack of interest?  If so, what was the most recent kernel
that did suppport it?

Thanks,
Al

* Re: [uml-devel] [uml-user] Does UML Currently Emulate SMP?
@ 2007-04-18 19:05 ` kewlemer
From: kewlemer @ 2007-04-18 19:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephens, Allan; +Cc: Jeff Dike, user-mode-linux-devel, user-mode-linux-user

> What is the status of SMP support in UML?  (That is, can I start up a
> UML session that uses separate processes on my uniprocessor host to
> emulate a machine with multiple CPUs?)

http://marc.info/?l=user-mode-linux-user&m=117630269322060&w=2

From the UML homepage -
"Searchable list archives exist at MARC (uml-user, uml-devel) and
gmane ( uml-user, uml-devel)."

* Re: [uml-devel] [uml-user] Does UML Currently Emulate SMP?
@ 2007-04-20 12:30   ` Stephens, Allan
From: Stephens, Allan @ 2007-04-20 12:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeff Dike, user-mode-linux-user, user-mode-linux-devel; +Cc: kewlemer

OK, I've got an answer to the first half of my query.  Thanks!

Now, does anyone know the latest kernel version where SMP support
worked?

Regards,
Al