* How to filter local disks that should not be managed by multipathd?
@ 2016-07-18 11:59 Xieyingtai
From: Xieyingtai @ 2016-07-18 11:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: christophe.varoqui; +Cc: device-mapper development, Xose Vazquez Perez

[-- Attachment #1.1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 634 bytes --]

Hi,
   Recently I encountered a problem, In certain scenarios that a new local disk was hot plugged, I have no way
to obtain the wwn of the disk in advance, so I can not filter that disk by adding it to blacklists. Actually there
is no need for multipathd to  take over local disks in the hot-plugged sceno. And find_multipaths param seems not to be
a perfect way to solve this problem. Is there any way to  provide a param in /etc/multipath.conf for mulitpathd to manage
only ISCSI or FC bus disks? In that configuration, path_discovery() will only scan devices which were underline ISCSI bus
or FC bus in sysfs.

Thanks.

[-- Attachment #1.1.2: Type: text/html, Size: 6726 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #1.2: image001.gif --]
[-- Type: image/gif, Size: 1065 bytes --]

* Re: How to filter local disks that should not be managed by multipathd?
@ 2016-07-20 14:06 ` Xose Vazquez Perez
From: Xose Vazquez Perez @ 2016-07-20 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xieyingtai, christophe.varoqui; +Cc: device-mapper development

On 07/18/2016 01:59 PM, Xieyingtai wrote:
> Hi,
>
>    Recently I encountered a problem, In certain scenarios that a new local disk was hot plugged, I have no way
>
> to obtain the wwn of the disk in advance, so I can not filter that disk by adding it to blacklists. Actually there
>
> is no need for multipathd to  take over local disks in the hot-plugged sceno. And find_multipaths param seems not to be
>
> a perfect way to solve this problem. Is there any way to  provide a param in /etc/multipath.conf for mulitpathd to manage
>
> only ISCSI or FC bus disks? In that configuration, path_discovery() will only scan devices which were underline ISCSI bus
>
> or FC bus in sysfs.

Add a rule in the "blacklist section" to exclude ALL,
and then fill the "blacklist_exceptions section" with
the desired devices.