* Re: [Bluez-users] BT3030...
@ 2004-01-21 12:55 Nosve
From: Nosve @ 2004-01-21 12:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bluez-users

I've the same device,
it works smoothly with the latest kernel, post 2.6.0
if you compile it with the device support for the tecom,
and if you copy the firmware files from /etc/bluetooth/firmware

in /usr/lib/hotplug/fimware

I've also inhibited the old bluefw hotplug agent, which is obsoleted by
the new driver support.

For more infos, look at:

 http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.bluez.user/1802

bye

* Re: [Bluez-users] BT3030
@ 2004-09-08 15:09     ` Marcel Holtmann
From: Marcel Holtmann @ 2004-09-08 15:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: coser; +Cc: bluez-users

Hi Alexandre,

>     If this function is not implemented, do you know where I can find a
> usb dongle model that implemented this TPL function ?

try a CSR based dongle. It should work with them.

Regards

Marcel

* Re: [Bluez-users] BT3030
@ 2004-09-08 14:34   ` coser
From: coser @ 2004-09-08 14:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: marcel; +Cc: bluez-users

 Hi Marcel,
    If this function is not implemented, do you know where I can find a
usb dongle model that implemented this TPL function ?

Thank you,
  Alexandre

> Hi Alexandre,
>
>>    I bought two Bluetooth usb dongle, model BT3030, FCC ID D6XBT3030
>> and
>> tried to make them talk through two Slackware 10.0 in two desktop
>> Pentium III 650Mhz machines. I`ve succed exchanged messages between
>> them and mesure RSSI too, but I always get the same number from TPL
>> read. I would like to know if this TPL function is already implemented
>> at this bluetooth dongle model, so I doing something wrong at read TPL
>> or to use this function I have to change my operating system or by
>> another bluetooth usb dongle.
>>   I've also used HCI from slackware package,
>> bluez-libs-2.5-i386-1roc.tgz,
>> bluez-utils-2.4-i386-1roc.tgz , bluez-bluefw-1.0-i686-1rmx.tgz.
>>
>>  Can anyone help me to use this TPL function from HCI?
>
> this looks like a Broadcom based dongle and maybe it is not really
> support by the current firmware from Broadcom.
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

* Re: [Bluez-users] BT3030
@ 2004-09-08 14:15 ` Marcel Holtmann
From: Marcel Holtmann @ 2004-09-08 14:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: coser; +Cc: bluez-users

Hi Alexandre,

>    I bought two Bluetooth usb dongle, model BT3030, FCC ID D6XBT3030 and
> tried to make them talk through two Slackware 10.0 in two desktop
> Pentium III 650Mhz machines. I`ve succed exchanged messages between
> them and mesure RSSI too, but I always get the same number from TPL
> read. I would like to know if this TPL function is already implemented
> at this bluetooth dongle model, so I doing something wrong at read TPL
> or to use this function I have to change my operating system or by
> another bluetooth usb dongle.
>   I've also used HCI from slackware package, bluez-libs-2.5-i386-1roc.tgz,
> bluez-utils-2.4-i386-1roc.tgz , bluez-bluefw-1.0-i686-1rmx.tgz.
>
>  Can anyone help me to use this TPL function from HCI?

this looks like a Broadcom based dongle and maybe it is not really
support by the current firmware from Broadcom.

Regards

Marcel

* [Bluez-users] BT3030
@ 2004-09-08 13:23 coser
From: coser @ 2004-09-08 13:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bluez-users

 Hi folks,

@ 2004-05-23 14:19 ` Marcel Holtmann
From: Marcel Holtmann @ 2004-05-23 14:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Хедин; +Cc: bluez-users

Hi,

> I'm still stuck with my BT3030 dongle. Nobody can help me on my quest :(
> What does this error mean:
>
> Bluetooth: Broadcom Blutonium firmware driver ver 1.0
> usbcore: registered new driver bcm203x
> usb 1-1: new full speed USB device using address 2
> bcm203x_probe: Mini driver request failed
> bcm203x: probe of 1-1:1.0 failed with error -5.
>
> I have everything installed, what I need.

I actually don't think so, because this error only occurs when the
request_firmware() call for BCM2033-MD.hex fails. This is not a kernel
error. It is is a problem of your hotplug setup. You must have a working
firmware.agent for loading firmware from userspace into the kernel.

Regards

Marcel

* [Bluez-users] BT3030
@ 2004-05-23 13:27 Хедин
From: Хедин @ 2004-05-23 13:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bluez-users

@ 2004-05-19 14:10 ` Marcel Holtmann
From: Marcel Holtmann @ 2004-05-19 14:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Хедин; +Cc: bluez-users

Hi,

> Still can't understand. I got /sys, put firmware.agent to /etc/hotpug
> (installed linux-hotplug package) and .BIN and .HEX files to
> /usr/lib/hotplug/firware.
>
> After plugging in the device and loading the module `bcm203x' it still gives
> an -5 error about failing to load some mini-driver.

is CONFIG_HOTPLUG enabled in your kernel? Are the executable bits of
/etc/hotplug/firmware.agent set? For more detailed logs enable the debug
option in your hotplug scripts.

Regards

Marcel

* [Bluez-users] BT3030
@ 2004-05-19 14:02 Хедин
From: Хедин @ 2004-05-19 14:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bluez-users

Still can't understand. I got /sys, put firmware.agent to /etc/hotpug
(installed linux-hotplug package) and .BIN and .HEX files to
/usr/lib/hotplug/firware.

After plugging in the device and loading the module `bcm203x' it still gives
an -5 error about failing to load some mini-driver.

What the problem can be, please help!

* Re: [Bluez-users] BT3030
       [not found]       ` <200405171448.23338.hedin@hiervard.ru>
@ 2004-05-17 10:23         ` Michal Semler
From: Michal Semler @ 2004-05-17 10:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bluez-users

On Monday 17 of May 2004 09:48, =E8=C5=C4=C9=CE wrote:
> Sunday 16 May 2004 23:07, Michal Semler =D0=C9=DB=C5=D4:
> > On Sunday 16 of May 2004 17:53, =E8=C5=C4=C9=CE wrote:
> > > Saturday 15 May 2004 16:01, Marcel Holtmann =D0=C9=DB=C5=D4:

> > > Sorry for dumb questions. I got these two filfes into
> > > /usr/lib/hotplug/firware (I took them from bluez-blufw package).
> > > The error still remains.
> > >
> > > But how about another one? I can't find it and what is "/sys" ? (I'm
> > > not really experienced with Linux, sorry).
> >
> > write:
> > mkdir /sys
> >
> > edit /etc/fstab and add this line:
> > sysfs           /sys            sysfs   defaults                0      =
 0
> > save it and write:
> > mount -a as root
>
> Yes I did it. But still nothing changed (where do I get firmware.agent?).

It is part of hotplug scripts. You should use latest -mh kernel patches too.

Michal

* Re: [Bluez-users] BT3030
       [not found]   ` <200405162253.38581.hedin@hiervard.ru>
@ 2004-05-16 16:07     ` Michal Semler
       [not found]       ` <200405171448.23338.hedin@hiervard.ru>
From: Michal Semler @ 2004-05-16 16:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bluez-users

@ 2004-05-15  9:01 ` Marcel Holtmann
       [not found]   ` <200405162253.38581.hedin@hiervard.ru>
From: Marcel Holtmann @ 2004-05-15  9:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hedin; +Cc: bluez-users

@ 2004-05-15  2:03 Hedin
From: Hedin @ 2004-05-15  2:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bluez-users

Here is my `dmesg` log after I load my modules after connecting the dongle:

usb 1-1: new full speed USB device using address 3
Bluetooth: Core ver 2.4
NET: Registered protocol family 31
Bluetooth: HCI device and connection manager initialized
Bluetooth: HCI socket layer initialized
Bluetooth: L2CAP ver 2.1
Bluetooth: L2CAP socket layer initialized
Bluetooth: HCI USB driver ver 2.5
usbcore: registered new driver hci_usb
Bluetooth: Broadcom Blutonium firmware driver ver 1.0
bcm203x_probe: Mini driver request failed
bcm203x: probe of 1-1:1.0 failed with error -5
usbcore: registered new driver bcm203x

It fails with and doesn't appear in `hcitool dev` list. What's wrong with it?
Where to look

* [Bluez-users] BT3030...
@ 2004-01-20 21:44 Igor Luiz Oliveira de Souza
From: Igor Luiz Oliveira de Souza @ 2004-01-20 21:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bluez-users

Hello all,

I'm trying to make my USB Dongle BT3030 works on linux...
I'm almost getting crazy trying this without success...
Can you give me some help?

I'm using slackware 9.0, kernel 2.4.20 (have tried 2.4.24 too, no
success)...
I've download all the bluez packages, configured the kernel, recompile
it...
So, the modules seems to load correctly... see what I get after this

usbcore
bluez
hci_usb
uhci

in /var/log/syslog:

Jan 14 15:13:42 emerald kernel: usb.c: USB device 2 (vend/prod
0xa5c/0x2033) is not claimed by any active driver.

in /var/log/messages:

Jan 14 15:13:42 emerald kernel: hub.c: 2 ports detected
Jan 14 15:13:42 emerald kernel: hub.c: new USB device 00:07.2-1,
assigned address 2
Jan 14 15:13:45 emerald /etc/hotplug/usb.agent: ... no modules for USB
product 0/0/0
Jan 14 15:13:45 emerald /etc/hotplug/usb.agent: ... no modules for USB
product 0/0/0
Jan 14 15:13:45 emerald /etc/hotplug/usb.agent: Setup hci_usb for USB
product a5c/2033/a0
Jan 14 15:13:45 emerald /etc/hotplug/usb.agent: Setup bluefw for USB
product a5c/2033/a0
Jan 14 15:13:45 emerald /etc/hotplug/usb.agent: Module setup bluefw for
USB product a5c/2033/a0

After that, that is no /proc/bus/usb...

Trying hciconfig, I've got nothing... just like this:
root@emerald:/usr/src/linux# hciconfig -a
root@emerald:/usr/src/linux#
root@emerald:/usr/src/linux# hcitool dev
Devices:
root@emerald:/usr/src/linux#

Sorry about the big mail...
So, can you give me some help...
What can I be forgetting or any special detail?

Thanks in advance!
--
Igor Luiz Oliveira de Souza
Magiclink Solucoes Internet