* Is inheriting a bbclass multiple times well defined?
@ 2022-04-27 12:14 Heinz Wrobel
From: Heinz Wrobel @ 2022-04-27 12:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

If I "inherit" a bbclass multiple times in a recipe, is the result well defined or is that undefined behavior for bitbake? I couldn't find docs that state anything about that and the bitbake sources are less then obvious to me.
I'd rather not go empirical if a clear definition of the behavior exists.

Assuming it is well defined, is it harmful to do that, or benign? If ok, will, e.g., the first inheritance for a class take hold and the others be ignored?

An example for that situation would be an image recipe that is built from two includes that each do the same inheritance for different reasons, leading possibly to repeated inheritance of classes in one recipe.

Thanks,

Heinz