* how to create one ubifs image support both for different page size and sector size?
@ 2016-07-28  6:37 Zhou, John (Nokia - CN/Hangzhou)
From: Zhou, John (Nokia - CN/Hangzhou) @ 2016-07-28  6:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-mtd

Dear Experts

I am facing a problem about one flash image support for both spansion and micron flash chip which has different page/sector size.

What means if I create the flash image from spansion chip , it can't be used on micron chip, vice versa.

Do you know how to solve this problem?

Many thanks for your help!

Brs
John

* Re: how to create one ubifs image support both for different page size and sector size?
@ 2016-07-28  7:32 ` Richard Weinberger
From: Richard Weinberger @ 2016-07-28  7:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zhou, John (Nokia - CN/Hangzhou); +Cc: linux-mtd

John,

On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 8:37 AM, Zhou, John (Nokia - CN/Hangzhou)
<john.zhou@nokia.com> wrote:
> Dear Experts
>
> I am facing a problem about one flash image support for both spansion and micron flash chip which has different page/sector size.
>
> What means if I create the flash image from spansion chip , it can't be used on micron chip, vice versa.
>
> Do you know how to solve this problem?

You need to have two images. When min IO and LEB size don't match you
can't re-use the image.

//richard

* RE: how to create one ubifs image support both for different page size and sector size?
@ 2016-08-02  6:35   ` Zhou, John (Nokia - CN/Hangzhou)
From: Zhou, John (Nokia - CN/Hangzhou) @ 2016-08-02  6:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Weinberger; +Cc: linux-mtd

Thanks Richard!

How other users to solve such problem? When we need support for two different flash?
Two images is the only path?

Brs
John

@ 2016-08-02  7:03     ` Richard Weinberger
From: Richard Weinberger @ 2016-08-02  7:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zhou, John (Nokia - CN/Hangzhou); +Cc: linux-mtd

John,

Am 02.08.2016 um 08:35 schrieb Zhou, John (Nokia - CN/Hangzhou):
> How other users to solve such problem? When we need support for two different flash?
> Two images is the only path?

This is correct. Is this such a big problem?
Another approach is booting Linux and create UBI/FS on the fly...

Thanks,
//richard

* RE: how to create one ubifs image support both for different page size and sector size?
@ 2016-08-02  7:06       ` Zhou, John (Nokia - CN/Hangzhou)
From: Zhou, John (Nokia - CN/Hangzhou) @ 2016-08-02  7:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Weinberger; +Cc: linux-mtd

Yes , this is a problem to factory guys for production.

When they have one flash in hand, they can't figure out which flash it is, it's all automatically.
So they don't know which image is suitable for specific flash.